Topic ""Alternative Delete" or Shift + Del"

Heth

Can anyone explain me what Exactly "Alternative delete" does?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
If Delete command is configured to delete to recycle bin, it deletes permanently. If Delete command is configured to delete permanently, it deletes to recycle bin.

When this is done on the remote side I found my file in the /tmp dir on a big webserver. got a lot of problems to figure out what's going on at first, I think it either should not work for Remote sides or it should be disabled by default. Also it's good if you still want to keep that as an option on Remote side, to notify users what it is actually going to do.

Thanks for the time.
Heth

I consider this serious problem, do you plan to fix it?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Heth wrote:

Well you've been using function you do not know and you wonder how come it does something you did not expect... I do not consider it serious problem, not on my side. sorry.

prikryl wrote:
Heth wrote:

Well you've been using function you do not know and you wonder how come it does something you did not expect... I do not consider it serious problem, not on my side. sorry.

It is more like unsafe default values, if you take me. Shift+Delete in windows results in final removal of a file, unlike your SK where it acts a little weird, I would say.
(or at least what's the idea behind coping files to /tmp folder serverside?)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
This issue has been added to tracker.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License