Topic "Scheduled task to upload files for only current day?"

comfortablynumb
[View user's profile]

Hello,
I need to create a scheduled task that will upload files only for the current day. I looked at the synchronize option but that won't work as I don't control the destination directory.

I could use synchronize if there was a way to have WINSCP only look at files created or modified on the day the task runs, and I have to schedule this task to run multiple times per day, then email the results.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
comfortablynumb wrote:
I need to create a scheduled task that will upload files only for the current day. I looked at the synchronize option but that won't work as I don't control the destination directory.

Why that means you cannot use synchronize?

Quote:
I could use synchronize if there was a way to have WINSCP only look at files created or modified on the day the task runs, and I have to schedule this task to run multiple times per day, then email the results.

If you want to upload files with modification date in a certain day, you need to generate the script on the fly with the certain date.
There are many examples on how to generate timestamp into script, e.g. here:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/script_download_timestamped_filename
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have added some examples for this specific task here:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_script_modified_files

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License