WinSCP 5.9 – What’s New?
A lot of things! WinSCP 5.9 is a major application update focused on improving user experience!
New features and enhancements, many of them inspired by WinSCP community, include:
- Significantly improved WinSCP look and feel in large font / high DPI environments; toolbar, menu, icons and dialog images now support 125%, 150% and 200% zooms
- Improved transfer speed with SFTP and SCP protocols when CPU is limiting factor; and with SFTP on high latency connections
- Automatic WinSCP updates (only for donors)
- Support for authentication with TLS/SSL client certificates
- Configurable internal editor font color and default background color, added Save All function in internal editor
- Dual code signing binaries with both SHA-1 and SHA-256
- Custom commands can be distributed in a form of configurable WinSCP extension; distributing Verify Checksum, Search Text and ZIP and Upload .NET assembly examples as official WinSCP extensions
- Many improvements to scripting, command-line and .NET assembly, e.g.,
- WinSCP script template or WinSCP .NET assembly code template can be generated in GUI
putcommands to transfer the latest file only
Session.EnumerateRemoteFilesmethod that can enumerate remote files and directories recursively
- Command-line interface for converting and editing private keys
- Resume and Append (
TransferOptions.OverwriteMode) in .NET assembly
- Incremental site search can be restricted to the beginning of site name only or expanded to other site fields
- Keyboard shortcuts
Alt+Dto focus Address toolbar (Explorer interface) or open bookmarks (Commander interface)
- Including all at least 80% translations into WinSCP installer and informing user when incomplete language is selected when installing
Stay tuned to get regular updates about WinSCP and follow WinSCP on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As usual, you can obtain WinSCP 5.9 from the official WinSCP download page.