- What information do we collect?
- What do we use your information for?
- How do we protect your information?
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- Third party links
- California online privacy protection act compliance
- Your consent
- Warrant canary
What information do we collect?
We can collect information from you when you visit our site, install or use WinSCP application. People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
When registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address or location. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
After donating to WinSCP, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or donation entry details.
Installing WinSCP application
Using WinSCP application
When using WinSCP application, we might collect anonymous WinSCP usage statistics. You may, however, opt-out from providing WinSCP usage statistics or from WinSCP automatic check for application updates.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website and our application (we continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To process transactions (your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
How do we protect your information?
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California online privacy protection act compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
All registered users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into the forum and going to the Profile page.
We have not placed any backdoors into our software and have not received any requests for doing so. Pay close attention to any modifications to the previous sentence.
Learn about Warrant canary.
This policy was last modified on 2015-11-15.