WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client for Windows. You can get it from WinSCP download page. Latest stable WinSCP version is 5.21.1.
An SFTP client is a software which uses the SFTP protocol to transfer files securely to and from a remote computer.
You can use WinSCP to transfer files with either manual transfer or automatic transfer.
Well, there are many reasons, but one of them is for sure that WinSCP supports a variety of transfer protocols, so you can use one tool for both secure and insecure file copying. Read more about all WinSCP supported protocols.
- Connect to FTP server or SFTP server;
- How do I know if the connection is secure?
- Upload files to FTP server or SFTP server;
- Synchronize files with FTP server or SFTP server;
- Automate file transfers (or synchronization) to FTP server or SFTP server;
- Other Guides to using WinSCP.