With the latest beta version of WinSCP you can easily upload, manage or backup files on your Amazon AWS S3 cloud storage.
Before starting you should have the latest version of WinSCP installed.
First, make sure your AWS user with S3 access permissions has an “Access key ID” created. You also have to know the “Secret access key”. Access keys are created and managed on Users page of IAM Management Console.
Start WinSCP. Login dialog will appear. On the dialog:
- Make sure New site node is selected.
- On the New site node, select Amazon S3 protocol.
- Enter your AWS user Access key ID and Secret access key
- Save your site settings using the Save button.
- Login using the Login button.
Once you are connected, you will see a list of your S3 buckets as “folders” in the root folder.
The Create directory command in the root folder in fact creates a new bucket.