WinSCP is an open source free SSH client for Windows with the focus on secure file transfer. You can get it from WinSCP download page. Latest stable WinSCP version is 5.15.9.
- What is SSH Client?
- SSH File Transfers
- SSH Terminal Access
- WinSCP is Also FTP Client
- Further Reading
An SSH client is a software which uses the SSH protocol to connect to a remote computer.
In general SSH protocol can be used for two purposes, file transfers and terminal access.
File transfers are primary focus of WinSCP.
You can use WinSCP to transfer files both manually and automatically.
While WinSCP does not focus on terminal access, it has basic support for it.
If you need unrestricted terminal access (and still want to use WinSCP for file transfers), you will find integration with PuTTY SSH client useful. This free Telnet and SSH client for Windows can be also downloaded from our PuTTY download page.
- How to connect to an SFTP server?
- How do I know if the connection is secure?
- How to upload files to an SFTP Server?
- How to synchronize files with an SFTP Server?
- How to automate file transfers (or synchronization) to an SFTP server?
- Other guides to using WinSCP
- Understanding SSH
- All WinSCP supported protocols