Documentation » About WinSCP »
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client, S3 client and SCP client and file manager for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface (screenshots)
- Translated into many languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons, jump list)
- All common operations with files, both remote and local
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH and FTP and WebDAV and S3 protocols
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface and .NET assembly for advanced programming tasks
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Shares site settings with PuTTY
- Support for password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally protects stored site information with master password
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Read about project history.
Get WinSCP for free from the official WinSCP download page. Latest stable WinSCP version is 6.1.