WinSCP is an open source free FTP client for Windows. You can get it from WinSCP download page. Latest stable WinSCP version is 5.15.2.
An FTP client is a software which uses the FTP protocol to transfer files to and from a remote computer.
FTP is the most widespread transfer protocol used to transfer files from one host to another over the Internet. Basic variant of the protocol is not secure.
You can use WinSCP to transfer files both manually and automatically.
Well, there are many reasons, but one of them is for sure that WinSCP supports a variety of transfer protocols, so you can use one tool for both secure and insecure file copying. Read more about all WinSCP supported protocols.
- How to connect to an FTP server?
- How do I know if the connection is secure?
- How to upload files to an FTP Server?
- How to synchronize files with an FTP Server?
- How to automate file transfers (or synchronization) to an FTP server?
- Other guides to using WinSCP