- Improved FTP support for VMS servers (and potentially for other non-Unix-like systems). 49
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian and Turkish.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1i.
- Compatibility with Google Cloud Storage when using S3 protocol to access the buckets. 1939
- Preserve file permissions when overwritten files are recycled and transfer resume is disabled. 1929
- Keyboard-interactive authentication challenges can be copied to the clipboard and links contained in the challenges can be opened. 1930
- Added method
RemotePath.EscapeOperationMaskto .NET assembly.
- Added method
ComparisonDifference.Reverseto .NET assembly.
- Implemented method
ComparisonDifference.ToStringin .NET assembly.
Positionmethods and properties of the
Streamreturned by the
Session.GetFilebehave as expected for a read-only steam.
- Allowed using SFTP servers that have problems with SSH_FXP_REALPATH requests. 1933
- Bug fix: Target file name with escaped operation mask special symbols was incorrectly interpreted as an actual operation mask on some dialogs (upload, duplicate, etc), resulting in misplaced warnings
- Bug fix: Local path argument of
Session.PutFileToDirectoryis incorrectly escaped. 1931
- Bug fix: Path argument of
Session.PutFileis incorrectly escaped.
- Bug fix: Failure when using from single-file bundle. 1932
- Bug fix:
Session.GetFilecan fail, if the server responds too quickly.
- Bug fix: Failure when S3 bucket contains a folder with an empty name. 1934
- Bug fix: When the active tab was disconnected, closing window with another active session did not require a confirmation.
- Bug fix: Setting the logging level to -1 (Reduced) does not work in .NET assembly. 1936
- Bug fix: Ellipses from German command names are not stripped from toolbar buttons.
- A complete list of files that are part of a background transfer can be shown. 1785
Streaminterface in .NET assembly. 1738
- With SFTP protocol files can be streamed to stdout and from stdin in scripting.
- Support SHA-256 fingerprints of TLS/SSL certificates. 1842
- Extension Synchronize with another remote server.
- When connecting to new SSH host, its host key can be automatically accepted in scripting and .NET assembly.
- Optional case-sensitive synchronization. 71
- Enabled TLS 1.3 by default.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.10.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.74. It brings the following change:
- Security fix: If an SSH server accepted an offer of a public key and then rejected the signature, WinSCP could access freed memory, if the key had come from an SSH agent. vuln-agent-keylist-used-after-free
- Resume transfer when FTP data connection disconnects. 1878
- Support for
- Support for authentication using temporary credentials from AWS Security Token Service (STS). 1839
- Support for SNI with FTP. 1895
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.1.2.
- Change: Installer needs Windows 7 SP1/2008 R2 SP1.
- Alternative way to provide credentials in scripting/command-line without URL-encoding. 1821
- Compatibility with WebDAV servers that incorrectly encode file URL. 1876
- Optimizing S3 connection buffers for speed. 1732
- Edited/opened files from a disconnected session can now be attached to new session even if its username was entered only during authentication instead of directly on the Login dialog. 1890
- Returning to Login dialog, when ad-hoc connection fails. 1909
- Local ports for active FTP mode can be limited. 958
- Allow explicit navigation to a hidden local folder by enabling showing of hidden files and folder, if not enabled yet. 1905
- Added full Go To submenu to context menu of panel path label
- Automatically restore external editor defaults when changing editor command from Notepad to 3rd party editor. 1872
- Suppress errors when opened/edited files are locked. 1832
- Support clearing GID/UID flag on directories with new versions of GNU coreutils. 1850
/nointeractiveinputto usage screen.
- List encrypt-then-MAC algorithms in
- Not using a transfer via temporary file for files that would exceed system length limit with the temporary extension. 1922
- Automatically closing timed out
- Logging IANA encryption algorithm names. 1886
- Displaying, what directory is being read at the end of login to a server, in a tooltip. 1916
- Use dark window title for the main window in the dark mode on Windows 10 2004. 1920
- Clarified that WinSCP may crash in the warning message when trying to load too big file into the internal editor. 1847
- Do not prevent WinSCP from working when jump list cannot be updated. 1857
- Allow forcing use of
LISTcommand to retrieve file information in scripting for FTP servers that has broken support for
- Duplicate and Rename commands work even for disconnected sessions.
- IPv6 literals with scope or literals that are already escaped in square brackets are formatted standardly in session URL (instead of URL-encoding them).
- Allowed longer input on Edit file input box. 1911
- Added help link to Add extension box and making the box wider.
- GSSAPI key exchange authentication can be turned on. 1863
- When trying to open an inaccessible local directory, display an error message, instead of silently doing nothing.
- Cleanup application data dialog labels cache cleanup checkbox label updated to reflect previously updated functionality.
- Disabling tips controls until some tips are actually available.
- Optionally disable moving using drag&drop. 1884
- Main window follows Login dialog to another monitor, when switched using keyboard shortcuts
- When path to an existing local directory is specified on the Download options dialog without an operation mask, a noop operation mask is implied.
- Workaround for wrong description of
Num *keyboard shortcut in menus with German keyboard. 1889
- Files with the same name except for a letter case are sorted deterministically. 1894
- Not offering pasting from clipboard on the file panels if the clipboard contains multi-line text.
- Extending transfer dialog drop down menu size to 16 entries.
- Bug fix: Local file panel ignored changes in latter case of files and folders. 1885
- Bug fix: Local custom commands that need session but no remote files were not disabled when session was not connected.
- Bug fix: Correct letter case variant of remote directory in directory tree was not always selected. 1891
- Bug fix: With no connected session, shared bookmarks modifications are not preserved.
- Bug fix: Using list header color appropriate for the actual light/dark column background color (list headers are not dark, unless system wide app dark mode is enabled).
- Bug fix:
Session.ParseUrlcannot accept fingerprint parameter for sessions over TLS. 1925
- Bug fix: Custom command patterns
!Edo not include fingerprint of TLS certificate.
- Bug fix: Cannot work with filenames ending with space with FTP protocol. 1900
- Bug fix: Canceling remote path drop down did not reset it back to the current path.
- Bug fix: Folders in a drive root showed incorrect type name sometimes.
- Bug fix: Customizing custom commands from Synchronization checklist window was not working. 1908
- Bug fix: Whole local drive could have been scanned when trying to browse to non-existing or hidden folders.
- Bug fix: Timed out status bar note was not added to history popup box, while a session is disconnected.
- Bug fix: Duplicate command in remote file context menu operated over selected files instead of the focused file.
- Bug fix: *nix shell special characters were unintentionally escaped in PuTTY/SSH terminal command patterns. 1906
- Translation updated: German.
- Bug fix: Failure when using S3/AWS access ID or region longer than 32 characters. 1914
- Bug fix: Failure when opening some menus while having long text of specific length copied to the Clipboard. 1915
- Bug fix: Failure when directory contains a file with too long name. 1924
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1h.
- Allow using Windows Store apps aliases as terminals (particularly Windows Terminal). 1901
- Limiting error report and message search URLs to 4 KB, as larger URLs fail to open in some browsers.
- SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.74.
- Bug fix:
Session.CompareDirectorieshandles incorrectly files with names containing reserved XML characters. 1897
- Bug fix: Keep local directory up to date extension fails if error occurs before session URL is parsed.
- Bug fix: SFTP uploads started over already disconnected session do not reconnect automatically. 1913
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.31.2.
- Security fix from PuTTY 0.74: If an SSH server accepted an offer of a public key and then rejected the signature, WinSCP could access freed memory, if the key had come from an SSH agent. vuln-agent-keylist-used-after-free
- Displaying progress of synchronization in Keep local directory up to date extension. 1887
- Displaying session name and operation status in console title of Keep local directory up to date extension. 1888
- Translation updated: German.
- Removed workaround for lack of support for
max-keysparameter in Backblaze S3 API, as it is supported now. 1871
- Bug fix: Failure while changing path using path label while another command was executing already. 1877
- Bug fix: Failure when system settings change during synchronization. 1879
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to close WinSCP while reading a remote directory. 1880
- Bug fix: Failure after using files from a disconnected session (for example saving an edited file). 1881
- Bug fix: Directory reading cannot be cancelled for SFTP servers that provide optional
- Bug fix: Going to root folder in the local panel does not update selection in the directory tree.
- Added new
eu-south-1AWS regions. 1864
- Translation updated: Brazilian Portuguese.
- Not defaulting to Documents folder on a network drive even if it is mapped. 1869
- Workaround for lack of support for
max-keysparameter in Backblaze S3 API. 1871
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.5.
- Change: Installer does not support Windows Vista/2008 anymore.
- Bug fix: Transfer settings are not preserved when starting synchronization in new window.
- Bug fix: Keep remote directory up to date window cannot be restored after it was minimized to tray using Minimize to System Tray command, when the window was opened from command-line or using Start in New Window command. 1868
- Bug fix: Starting synchronization in a new window should be disabled when Selected files only option is selected, as that combination is not implemented. 1870
- Bug fix: Starting a synchronization in a new window does not work if the remote path consist of one level only.
- Bug fix: Failure when canceling an authentication of an ad-hoc session from a workspace opened from command-line. 1875
- Bug fix: GSSAPI key exchange authentication is off by default as it caused failures when old version of MIT Kerberos was installed on the machine. 1874
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese; and updated: German and Russian.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting fresh installation on high DPI displays. 1862
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1g.
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.31.1.
- Local file panel honors preferred drop action of source application. 1848
- Increased maximal length of proxy and tunnel credentials. 1849
- Truncating too long directory names in session tab title.
- Optionally do not distinguish multiple sessions opened to the same site by current path. 1734
- Bug fix: Failure when fallback SSH channel fails to open. 1845
- Bug fix: Failure when creating shortcut for jumplist fails. 1846
- Bug fix: Window position is not restored, if its left or top edge was aligned to monitor edge. 1852
- Bug fix: Wrong layout of Login dialog on monitors with low vertical resolution. 1463
- Bug fix: FTP file uploads are interrupting with TLS 1.3. 1834
- Bug fix: Empty directories are not uploaded to FTP server when transferring in background. 1859
- Bug fix: Percent sign (
%) in PuTTY session settings (such as IPv6 scope syntax) is misinterpreted when importing. 1860
- Bug fix: Failure when starting with automatic workspace opening when none of the workspace sites exist. 1861
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1f.
- WebDAV core upgraded to neon 0.31.0.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.4.
- Translation updated: French.
- Importing site-specific key files from FileZilla. 1841
- Showing session name in Synchronization checklist and Keep remote directory up to date windows, when the operation was executed in a new window/from a command line. 1838
Session.ScanFingerprintnow works even for Amazon S3 protocol.
- Bug fix: Failure after resuming system from sleep. 1829
- Bug fix: Option to disconnect a session was available even while deleting local files, and caused failure when selected while no session was actually opened. 1836
- Bug fix: Failure when primary SSH channel fails to open. 1837
- Bug fix:
SHA-1fingerprint of TLS/SSL certificate was incorrectly presented as
- Bug fix: When dragging file via temporary directory it is deleted too early. 1844
- Bug fix: Confirmation to close WinSCP does not have a help page associated (to explain the workspace). 1825
- Bug fix: Failure when loading extension with filename containing some special characters (like a dash). 1826
- Bug fix: SCP fallback is no longer working. 1827
- Bug fix: Path on Address bar of Explorer interface cannot be submitted. 1828
- Bug fix: Cannot use TLS/SSL client certificate. 1830
- Bug fix: TLS/SSL client certificate could be configured for S3 protocol even though it is not supported.
- Optionally using
Ctrl+F4to close session tab. 1823
- New DigiCert EV code signing certificate valid until February 2023 is used for signing binaries.
- Ignoring incorrect timestamps in
MDTMresponse, while autodetecting timezone difference. 1818
- Storage configuration on Preferences dialog handles INI files specified on a command-line better.
- Added an example for using Win32-OpenSSH
ssh.exeas an SSH terminal. 1822
- It is possible to configure TLS 1.3 restrictions.
- Bug fix: Using directory exclude mask while searching caused all non excluded folder to be unintentionally included in the search results.
- Bug fix: It is not possible to recursively search for a folder. 1819
- When creating WinSCP shortcut, make it use the same configuration as the creating instance. 941
- Translation updated: French.
- .NET assembly functionality to process individual
- Convenience method
- Translations completed: Spanish and Korean.
RemotePath.TranslateRemotePathToLocalcan accept a directory source path equal to the source root path with a missing trailing slash.
- Custom commands keyboard shortcuts work on Synchronization checklist dialog.
- Enable queue processing/Once Done queue options should be disabled/triggered once all queued operations are completed, not only after the queue list is empty. 1815
/bin/shto the list of shells. 1814
Backwork better on Raw Site Settings dialog.
- Logging deletion of local source file.
- Bug fix:
ComparisonDifference.IsDirectorywas not set to true for directories.
- Bug fix: Cannot list WebDAV directory when any of the files is locked and the
<timeout>elements contain whitespaces around its contents. 1813
- Bug fix: Colored session icon does not display on high DPI. 1816
- Bug fix: Failure when starting synchronization when application task bar button is not fully working. 1817
- Bug fix: Version check did not work with five digit build number.
- Translations completed: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish and Ukrainian.
- New DigiCert code signing certificate used for signing binaries valid until February 2023.
- Not defaulting to Documents folder on a network drive. 1809
- Improvements to cleaning up application data:
- Cleanup application data dialog shows only data that exist.
- Uninstaller does not offer to delete application data, when there are not any.
- The option to cleanup cached host keys cleans all other caches as well.
- Bug fix: Cleaning up cached SSH host keys did not work.
- Bug fix: Cleaning up configuration did not remove jumplist.
- Bug fix: Running WinSCP for a maintenance task unintentionally creates a random seed file.
- Bug fix: Failure when cleaning up sites from Login dialog.
- Bug fix: Failure when change in subfolder is detected while keeping remote directory up to date. 1807
- Bug fix: Failure when synchronizing directories after they were previously synchronized while being empty. 1808
- Bug fix: Name of the selected directory in tree is dark on dark background in dark mode. 1810
- Improvements to dark theme:
- Looking for
WinSCP.exealso in entry .NET assembly folder.
- Support for IBM z/OS Tape files. 1801
- Bug fix: Occasional hang when loading file icons. 1803
- Bug fix: Failure while closing application and suspending computer after operation completion. 1804
- Sorting find results. 902
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.73. It brings the following changes:
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.2.9.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.3:
- Checkboxes displayed by lists now look better on high DPI systems.
- Allow configuring additional PuTTY settings (e.g. terminal settings) to be used when opening a session in PuTTY. 1798
- NuGet package updated to the latest format with an included icon and framework dependencies.
- Allow empty password authentication with FTP servers that prompt for empty passwords. 1796
- Bug fix: Edited path was hidden behind a browsing button on file/directory path selection boxes. 1791
- Bug fix: Start menu and Task bar icons are too small when installed from Microsoft Store. 1793
- Bug fix: After directory comparison before synchronization finishes, task bar button still shows a progress bar.
- Bug fix: Failure when authentication with keyboard interactive authentication with specified prompt title. 1794
- Bug fix: Stored password is not used for keyboard interactive authentication prompt with specified prompt title. 1795
- Bug fix: Settings with an empty default value were not listed in Add Raw Site Settings dialog.
- Bug fix: State of Allow agent forwarding checkbox was not updated when toggling Attempt authentication using Pageant.
- Bug fix: When starting private key upload from Advanced Site Settings dialog, changed settings were preserved even if the dialog was later canceled.
- Bug fix: SFTP only options were shown for SCP sites on Advanced Site Settings dialog.
- Bug fix: Master password prompt unintentionally appears when selecting site folder with a site with an encrypted password. 1799
- Bug fix: .NET assembly does not have a digital signature. 1800
- Bug fix: Corrected some help links.
- Improvements to sessions and workspace management, so that WinSCP can now easily restore tabs that were open when it was last closed:
- Login dialog can be configured not to automatically pop up, when starting WinSCP and when closing the last session. 1771
- When Login dialog is configured not to pop up automatically on start and workspace was saved in the previous run, the workspace is automatically restored when WinSCP starts.
- A session can be disconnected, without closing its tab, and later reconnected.
- Tabs of sessions opened with a workspace or a folder that fails to connect and tabs of all sessions that fail to reconnect are not closed.
- Option “Keep main window open when the last session is closed” is enabled by default.
- User is offered to save a workspace, even when only one session is opened.
- SSH core upgraded to PuTTY 0.72. It brings the following changes:
- Extension Archive and Download to archive remote files and download the archive. 1773
- Improvements to Synchronization checklist window:
- Estimating time to finish directory comparison before synchronization based on previous comparisons of the same folders.
- Allowed opening the local or remote file from synchronization checklist in Windows Explorer or WinSCP, respectively. 1784
- Hints for synchronization action icons on synchronization checklist window. 1786
- Command-line switch
/browseto either force opening the main window when a file URL is specified or to explicitly select a specified file in both file panels.
- Convenience methods
- Selection of network interface for SSH and IPv4 using raw session setting
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1d. It brings TLS 1.3 support among other changes.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.0.2:
- User can choose between installation for all users and the current user only.
- Change: Silent installation needs additional
- Automatically creating appropriate type of desktop icon for respective install mode.
- Modern style of the installer wizard.
- Change: Installer does not support Windows XP/2003 anymore.
- Raw site settings editor.
- Copy (to clipboard) command in file context menu. 1758
- Automatically reconnecting when FTP data connection cannot be opened, if it previously worked. 1767
- Host key and certificate fingerprint verification improvements:
- When verifying a host key using an expected fingerprint, it is possible to use an expected fingerprint with a checksum only (with both key type and bit count omitted).
- When verifying a host key or a certificate using an expected fingerprint, the comparison is case-insensitive (with an exception of SHA-256 checksum).
- When verifying a host key using an expected fingerprint, a padding (
=) in SHA-256 checksum is not required.
- Change: TLS/SSL certificate fingerprints in generated URL use dashes (
-) instead of colons (
:), while colons are still accepted.
- Change: SHA-256 fingerprints in generated URL use dashes (
-) and underscores (
_) instead of pluses (
+) and slashes (
/), while pluses and slashes are still accepted.
- Support S3 servers with Path URI style (like MinIO). 1632
- S3 Default region can be configured on Advanced Site Settings dialog.
- Support for non standard ports with S3 protocol. 1780
- Not showing remote custom commands and local custom commands working with remote files in local file context menu.
- Custom command pattern
!Epreserves session name.
- Change: Removed option to create Quick Launch icons (Windows Vista and older only).
- Change: Consider size of linked file when transferring/synchronizing symbolic link. 1747
- Individual configuration storage sections can be set read-only.
/defaultsaccepts an optional delay in seconds to start the operation.
- Resolving local environment variables in initial session local path. 150
- Keep trying to save configuration for up to 2 seconds when INI file is locked by another process. 1775
RemoteFileInfo.FileTypenow consistently returns
Lfor symlinks as was always documented.
RemoteFileInfo.FileTypenow consistently returns uppercase value as was always documented.
- Configurable S3 root path/bucket in .NET assembly. 1778
- Indicating in an Internal editor that the file is new and preventing actions that does not make sense for non-existing files. 1752
- Persisting custom command toolbar buttons visibility. 1788
- Fallback to default ANSI encoding, when
known_hostsfile is not in UTF-8. 1789
/passphrasecommand-line switch is now documented.
- When uploading file to a symbolic link with enabled remote recycle bin, the symbolic link is not moved to the recycle bin. 1759
- Speed box in Progress window responds to mouse wheel.
- Updates page of Preferences dialog replaced with simpler Statistics page for Store installations.
- Configurable console/terminal font. 1774
- Better error message when writing INI file fails. 1787
Session.DisableVersionCheckwill not be obsoleted. 1777
- When using a scripting console interactively, not warning about opening a session from a command-line or using a stored site.
- Allow turning off asynchronous loading of icons. 1783
- Using only extension/custom command name without any qualifiers in some contexts.
- Improved formatting of some messages.
- Small improvements of layout for longer translations.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting (local) custom command with no session opened.
- Bug fix: Errors while mass-modifying sites were displayed in message box instead of console window.
- Bug fix: When only encrypted session setting (like passwords) were changed during mass-modification, changes were not saved.
- Bug fix: It was not possible to mass-modify stored sites, when a master password was set.
- Bug fix: Directory changes cache is not case sensitive when resolving symbolic links. 1739
- Bug fix: Some cached SSH and TLS/SSL fingerprints were not preserved when exporting/importing the configuration.
- Bug fix: Validation of input boxes prevented cancelling dialogs using Cancel button. 1763
- Bug fix: It was not possible to overwrite remote file, when moving of overwritten files to remote recycle bin was configured, but the file could not be moved. 1766
- Bug fix: Files larger than 0.5 GB are never uploaded in ascii/text mode with SCP protocol as it would fail anyway due to memory issues. 1770
- Bug fix: Lower-than (
<) and greater-than (
>) symbols are not escaped in an output of
RemotePath.EscapeFileMask.NET method and in a script generated by the GUI. 1781
- Bug fix: Error when reopening a remote file whose local temporary copy has been deleted. 1790
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.2u.
- Temporarily using old DigiCert code signing certificate that does not trigger “Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting” warning. 1812
- Bug fix: Version check did not work with five digit build number (skipping 5.15.8 as a workaround).