- Single large file can be downloaded using multiple SFTP connections. 513
- Support for OpenSSH certificates for host verification. Sponsored by Teleport. 2145
- SSH core and SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.79.
It brings the following change:
- Support for HMAC-SHA-512. hmac-sha2-512
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 3.1.3.
- Allowed S3 connection with IAM role instead of credentials. 2089
- Command to open the same folder as in the other panel in local file manager mode. 2189
- Support appending when streaming file contents to remote server. 2214
- Commands to reset layout of file panels and background transfer queue list columns.
- Change: SSL (3.0) is no longer supported. TLS 1.0 and 1.1 are disabled by default, to match the OpenSSL 3 defaults.
- Using optimized OpenSSL implementations of some algorithms.
- Command to automatically size file panel columns. 2196
- Allowed browsing a source folder/file instead of downloading when handling a download URL. 2211
- Passing password to PuTTY using named pipe instead of commandline.
- Made it harder to mis-click “never show this again” checkboxes. 2217
winscp.netroot certificate is always trusted when checking for updates, even when (corporate managed) Windows certificate store does not trust it. 2212
- Not browsing a source folder when handling a download URL when a download dialog is canceled.
CertificateFiledirective when importing sites from OpenSSH. 2220
- Restored ability to duplicate remote folders using
cpcommand in secondary shell session even when the SFTP server supports
r2.cloudflarestorage.comhostname is interpreted as S3 protocol, instead of WebDAV.
- Recognizing path in Host name box on Login dialog. 2219
- Improved behavior when moving/renaming over an existing folder. 2209
- Improved OpenSSH
configfile parsing, particularly quoted and escaped values. 2206
- Support for ProFTPD command
OPTS REST STORto query if upload restart is possible. 2194
- Not showing a filter mask on a disconnected panel.
- Implemented generic
ICollectionimplicitly by .NET assembly collections. 2187
ProxyMethodraw session setting supports symbolical value names.
- Ignoring disconnects from the server while closing the connection. 2195
- Preventing background transfer queue list columns width to shrink too much. 2208
- Not forcing text mode for edits with Windows Notepad on Windows 10 1809 and newer, as it already supports non-Windows line endings.
- Allowed disabling SFTP extension use. 2222
- Using packet size limit announced by OpenSSH
- Improved HTTP error reporting and logging.
- With application logging enabled, automatic updates installation is started with logging too.
- Throwing an exception when
Session.SessionLogPathis set to a path with invalid
- Recognizing IP addresses starting with zero in FTP PASV response as unroutable. 2224
- When there is both administrative and non administrative installation, automatic update automatically selects the the correct one for update.
- Not displaying Administrator shield icon on Upgrade button, when Administrator permissions are not needed for the upgrade.
- More meaningful error message when credentials are missing in scripting and .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: WebDAV or S3 certificate that is recognized by Windows Certificate store, but have other issues, cannot be marked trusted by the user. 2191
- Bug fix: Localized HTTP connection error messages are incorrectly decoded. 2197
- Bug fix: Special characters in directory names were not correctly restored when uploading on background with multiple connections for single transfer enabled.
- Bug fix: Master password prompt was not added to taskbar when opening session from commandline or when automatically loading workspace to yet invisible main window.
- Bug fix: Handling download URL does not work when another idle instance is running. 2203
- Bug fix: TLS session resumption is not working for subsequent FTP data connections with TLS 1.3 with some servers. 2210
- Bug fix: Failure when using
/browse=switch and a file panel is empty.
- Bug fix: Correcting default OpenSSL configuration paths.
- Bug fix: Potential failure when opening unencrypted HTTP/WebDAV connection.
- Bug fix: When second local panel tree view has focus, some keyboards shortcuts still operated on the first local panel.
- Bug fix: Local file panel malfunctions when it starts on a drive hidden by Explorer’s policy. 2216
- Bug fix: When opening UNC path, the network drive is not added to the other local panel directory tree.
- Bug fix: When opening the UNC path on the second local panel, the network drive is not added to drive drop-down menus.
- Bug fix: Script sometimes does not abort after receiving no answer for prompt, when running in batch mode.
- Bug fix: Configuration reading was broken after an attempt to access a non-existing sub-section within a section existed in raw configuration only.
- Bug fix: WinSCP could ask the server to return more data during SFTP download than it can process. 2218
- Bug fix: Renaming tab invalidated remembered password.
- Bug fix: WinSCP loses focus after custom command is executed. 2221
- Bug fix: Some DLLs were not protected against hijacking. 2223
- Bug fix: Failure when error occurs on secondary shell session with Continue on error option enabled. 2226
- Translation updated: Danish.
- MSI installer is not localized anymore to avoid problems with GPO. 2200
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1w.
- Translations updated: Catalan, Danish, Russian and Turkish.
- Added new
- Bug fix: Typo in GPL license in installer. 2201
- Bug fix: Check for application updates was limited to TLS 1.2.
- Translations completed: Brazilian Portuguese, Farsi and Portuguese; and updated: French and Italian.
- Support for file masks in Keep local directory up to date extension. 1892.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1u.
- Bug fix: Patterns in default values of extension options were escaped in an extension tooltip.
- Bug fix: Calculate Directory Sizes command was redundantly in all local panel column context menus.
- Bug fix: Thanks and transitioning help toolbar message in Store installation was not readable in Dark theme. 2198
- Bug fix: MSI installer runs in Catalan language (or possibly fails) when used in GPO. 2199
- Translations completed: Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
- Consistently open the nearest existing parent folder when the current local panel directory is deleted. 2182
- Visual feedback when control (drop down list particularly) is focused via keyboard accelerator.
- Building .NET assembly in Visual Studio 2022.
- Bug fix: Remote file pasted to an external HDD is downloaded twice. 2183
- Bug fix: Callstack debug logging in .NET assembly was broken.
- Bug fix: Corrected hint for Default session color command.
- Bug fix: When reading input
Streamin .NET assembly upload fails in 64-bit process, the transfer is not interrupted.
- Bug fix: Failure when application log cannot be opened. 2186
- Bug fix: Work around key algorithm naming change in OpenSSH 7.7 and older (from pre-release of PuTTY 0.79). 2188
- Bug fix: With debug logging enabled, the echoed script commands and XML log group names miss the command name.
- When saving edited/opened file, optionally warning if it was modified meanwhile externally. 99
- Autoreconnecting a disconnected session when saving an edited file. 1858
- Even user-disconnected sessions can be reconnected when saving files opened from them.
- Allowed reads with non-zero offsets with stream returned by
- Bug fix: When switching from a remote tab to a local tab, the “right” status bar does not show correct information.
- Bug fix: Edit Link command in Explorer interface has incorrect name Link.
- Bug fix: Mark > Select/Unselect command was behaving incorrectly.
- Bug fix: HTTP proxy authentication prompt was not localized.
- Bug fix: Directory tree does not adjust line height to custom panel font size. 2172
- Bug fix: Green artifacts at partial file icon overlay.
- Bug fix: The first copy&paste or drag&drop of remote files to other application might fail in Explorer interface. 2175
- Bug fix: Temporary directory is left behind when WinSCP is closed while it has some remote files copied to the clipboard. 2176
- Bug fix:
Session.EnumerateRemoteFilesdoes not work correctly when the mask includes brackets and other symbols. 2177
- Bug fix: Location profiles should not be used unless the session is connected.
- Compare Directories command is available in local file manager mode.
- Installer upgraded to Inno Setup 6.2.2.
- Translations updated: German and Hungarian.
- Renamed File menu in Explorer interface to Files for consistency with Commander interface.
- Using plural Tabs for consistency with other menus.
- Using the same timestamp format in local and remote file panels.
- Option to allow box-drawing characters to render correctly in an Internal editor. 2169
- Bug fix: Failure when selecting S3 protocol in Login dialog with non-existing
- Bug fix: Tab close button of new session was drawn as clicked, if it was opened from Login dialog popped up after the last session was closed by clicking its close button.
- Bug fix: Rename tab dialog still says “Rename session”.
- Bug fix: Generated code uses obsolete
SessionOptions.WebdavSecureproperty instead of current
- Bug fix: Generated code for unsecure S3 protocol does not include
- Bug fix: Separation of Tab and Session menus was unintentionally not reverted for Explorer interface.
- Bug fix: Wrong behaviour when trying to open a workspace that does not contain any valid session.
- Bug fix:
Ctrl+Topens the wrong type of tab.
- Bug fix: The
!\custom command and PuTTY patterns were not included in syntax hint.
- Bug fix: Hang when FTP directory listing contains nul character. 2167
- Bug fix: Parent directory command was missing its keyboard shortcut in the menu.
- Bug fix: Workspace could not be saved when the active tab was not connected or was local.
- Bug fix: Some control labels were showing keyboard accelerators without keyboard intervention.
- Bug fix: Pressing
Altwith some combo boxes focused did not show keyboard accelerators.
- Bug fix: Failure when starting with colored session. 2168
- Local file manager mode (two local panels). 1893
- Windows 11 flat style graphics.
- SSH core and SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.78. It brings the following changes:
- Support for OpenSSH certificates (for user authentication keys). 1873 ssh2-openssh-certkeys
- Support for NTRU Prime post-quantum key exchange. ntru
- Support for AES-GCM (in the OpenSSH style rather than RFC 5647, without hardware acceleration). aes-gcm
- Support for more forms of Diffie-Hellman key exchange: new larger integer groups (such as group16 and group18), and support for using those and ECDH with GSSAPI. rfc8268-dh-groups gss-key-exchange-more-algs
- Ongoing delete operation can be moved to background queue. 194
- New DigiCert EV code signing certificate valid until February 2026 is used for signing binaries.
- Showing directory size in file panel. 41
- MSI installation package. 83
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1t.
- Translations updated: German and Russian.
- File checksum calculation support for SCP protocol and SFTP protocol via secondary shell session using shell commands like
- Tab titles are shortened to fit window width as needed. 1423
- AWS S3 profile selection. 2057
- Consistent behavior across protocols when renaming/moving remote files: 2120
- Asking before overwriting existing files, both for renaming/moving.
- Allowing overwriting existing files even with protocols that require deleting the existing file first and with WebDAV.
- Change: In scripting and .NET assembly, moving a file over an existing file will overwrite the existing file. 2185
- Using SFTP
copy-dataextension to duplicate remote files with servers that do not support
- Allowed scrolling of background transfers queue list view while dragging a transfer. 2154
- Tabs show tooltips with full session name, username, hostname and paths.
- Displaying thanks and transitioning help toolbar message after Store installation over classic installation.
- Remembering remote directory tree nodes state when switching sessions. 1057
- Progress animations for Duplicate and Move To operations.
- Download edited/opened files with up-to-date timestamps. 2122
- Displaying current version on the New version notification. 2125
- Support for S3 servers without TLS encryption. 1995
- Support for redirected WebDAV downloads (even to other hosts). 1667
- Optionally reading password from a file. 2102
- Input files can be read from named pipes. 2118
Shift-clicking New Session command opens the Login dialog in new WinSCP instance, instead of possibly opening new instance of workspace.
- Option to always sort directories by name. 1024
- Bookmark drop-down menu in Explorer interface. 2127
- Preserving changed passwords of ad-hoc sessions in workspace. 2128
- In file panel, file sorting by date and size is by default descending even when initiated by menu, toolbar or keyboard shortcut, consistently with sorting by clicking panel column header.
- Allowed opening all sites in a folder in PuTTY. 2079
- Allowing environment variables in custom INI file path. 2105
- Private key pattern
!Kin PuTTY command-line and custom commands. 2107
- Automatically reconnect when FTP server fails to open data connection with
426code, if it previously worked. 2110
- Cleaning up temporary WinSCP PuTTY sessions.
- Clearing environment variables
- Added import from KiTTY directly to the Import dialog. 1551
- Warn when user selects too verbose logging level that degrades performance. 2155
- Contents of About dialog can be copied to the clipboard using
- Blocking Windows Rich Edit formatting keyboard shortcuts in Internal editor. 2108
- WebDAV/HTTP core upgraded to neon 0.32.5.
- PNG code upgraded to PngComponents 1.9.0.
- When switching tabs, prevent visibly scrolling the panels when focusing the last selected file.
- Removed the “compression” indicator from the status bar.
- Added GSSAPI key exchange algorithms to
- Allowed normal behavior of double-click on a file even when resolving of symlinks is disabled. 2037
SessionOptions.Secure(and applies to S3 protocol too).
Session.ExecutablePathreturns detected or actual executable path when not set. 2055
- Change: Keyboard shortcut for Command Line command changed to
- Do not overwrite existing local file when FTP download fails to start. 2132
- Preventing construction of .NET assembly internal collection classes, what avoids them being unnecessarily registered for COM.
- Hidden configuration option to increase maximal number of background transfers at the same time. 2117
- Not animating taskbar button, when items are queued, but processing is disabled
- Removed gap in initial toolbar layout.
- Better formatting of feature list on Interface page of Preferences dialog.
- Optimizing adjusting to updated system font. 2149
- Consistency with loading icons synchronously and on the background. 2161
- Added new
- Selecting the best language with each installation. 2160
- Workaround for using
/ini=nulon systems when reading
nulfile fails. 2163
- Support for FTP
- Not logging supported SFTP extensions included directly in
SSH_FXP_VERSIONresponse as unknown.
- Bug fix: Failure when trying to switch session tabs while previous switch did not complete yet.
- Bug fix: When importing from FileZilla with KiTTY selected as SSH terminal, host keys were imported from KiTTY instead of FileZilla/PuTTY.
- Bug fix: Incorrect escaping of values in single-quoted patterns in custom commands.
- Bug fix: Configuration does not load when using
/rawconfigcommand-line switch and read-only configuration sections.
- Bug fix: When file rename fails, wrong part of filename might be selected in the inline filename editor.
- Bug fix: Mouse cursor flickers while retrieving remote file properties.
- Bug fix: Using any keyboard shortcut with
Altkey shows menu keyboard accelerators permanently.
- Bug fix: Session tabs cannot be dragged when the user has mouse buttons swapped.
- Bug fix: The “Keep temporary copies of remote files in deterministic paths” option applied when duplicating remote files via a local temporary copy and with custom commands, breaking their functionality. 2140
- Bug fix: S3 credentials checkbox on Login dialog had wrong tab order.
- Bug fix: Turned-off keepaliaves are not propagated to PuTTY. 2141
- Bug fix: With password storing administratively disabled, the
/rawsettingsswitch cannot be used to set passwords. 2142
- Bug fix: Focus was lost after checking for updates.
- Bug fix: Failure on startup fatal error.
- Bug fix: Error when uploading file sized just below 32 kB boundary to FTP server over TLS 1.3. 2019
- Bug fix: Failure when doing agent forwarding with Pageant 0.74 or older. 2162
- Bug fix: Pressing
Tabduring incremental search on Login dialog never look into collapsed folders when more than one visible node matched the search.
- Bug fix: File on local network share treated as folder when uploading. 2056
- Bug fix: Failure when parsing FTP checksum response misses the actual response.
- Back-propagated fixes from 6.0 beta release:
- Translations updated: German, Hungarian and Russian.
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1t.
- Updated links to online help.
- Improvements to official Batch Rename extension:
- Made GUI refresh optional to allow standalone execution.
- Not failing when specific file do not require any rename.
- Bug fix: Rename fails when the filename contain file mask special characters. 2157
- Bug fix: Failure when system settings change after new version message box was displayed. 2148
- TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.1.1s.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.5.0.
- Translation updated: German.
Legacyin generated WinSCP scripting PowerShell commandline, which is needed for PowerShell 7.3 compatibility. 2134
- Added new
eu-south-2AWS regions and doubling region drop-down height.
- Bug fix: Moving WebDAV transfer to background aborts the transfer if the server commits the interrupted foreground transfer. 2126
- Bug fix: Failure when saving edited file while current tab is not connected. 2139
- Bug fix: When the current session is encrypted, saved edited file was uploaded using the current session instead of its source session. When the current session is not encrypted, edited files opened in any encrypted session was uploaded on the background, possibly leading to data inconsistent files.
- Bug fix: When reattaching edited file to re-connection session, the file was always attached to the current session instead of the possibly non-active re-connected session.
- Translation completed: Brazilian Portuguese.
- WebDAV/HTTP core upgraded to neon 0.32.4.
- XML parser upgraded to Expat 2.4.9.
- Preventing opening tunneled sessions in PuTTY from Login dialog as it cannot work. 2116
- Bug fix: Agent forwarding does not work. 2113
- Bug fix: Stall when new folder is detected and the drive contains folders with numerical names. 2114
- Bug fix: New version notification is not displaying.