Post a reply

Options
Add an Attachment

If you do not want to add an Attachment to your Post, please leave the Fields blank.

(maximum 10 MB; please compress large files; only common media, archive, text and programming file formats are allowed)

Options

Topic review

quzar@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

It's unclear exactly what triggered this but I believe it was either a video card driver crash or running out of memory on the system. Both happened at once and I've been unable to determine if one caused the other or both happened due to a third issue.

WinSCP 6.5.6

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(0037EBAF) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(0054989B) Tb2dock::TTBCustomDockableWindow::WMNCPaint
(003A356D) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(003A2A78) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(00204C90) System::Classes::_18364
(00038B01) USER32.dll
(00026BB8) USER32.dll
(0002665B) USER32.dll
(00032F27) USER32.dll
(0007A7A4) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(000280F8) USER32.dll
(0002822B) USER32.dll
(00038B01) USER32.dll
(00026BB8) USER32.dll
(00026325) USER32.dll.CallWindowProcW
(003A3675) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::DefaultHandler
(0039E3C2) Vcl::Controls::TControl::WndProc
(003A356D) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(004A77B4) Vcl::Forms::TCustomForm::WndProc
(00E07493) Vclcommon::C4884_0
(003A2A78) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(00204C90) System::Classes::_18364
(00038B01) USER32.dll
(00026BB8) USER32.dll
(0002665B) USER32.dll
(00032F27) USER32.dll
(0007A7A4) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(00031F0C) USER32.dll.PeekMessageW
(004B1A70) Vcl::Forms::TApplication::ProcessMessage
(0012A249) Execute
(000033BB) wWinMain
(00EF5641) C7146_0
(0006C839) ntdll.dll
(0006C7BC) ntdll.dll

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
alexgl2004@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.13.4

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Трассировка стека:
(001FE613) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(0047F653) Tbx::TTBXToolbar::WMEraseBkgnd
(00256E91) Vcl::Controls::TControl::WndProc
(0025B9D5) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(0025B01C) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(00380D20) System::Classes::_18201
(0003AE69) USER32.dll
(00037335) USER32.dll
(00036ED5) USER32.dll
(00039627) USER32.dll
(0006B6CB) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(00037FEF) USER32.dll.PeekMessageW
(0021F37C) Vcl::Forms::TApplication::ProcessMessage

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
dgazza.flushing@...

Invalid access to memory - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.11.2

Error message:
Invalid access to memory.

Stack trace:
(001FEE45) Vcl::Graphics::_16833
(0006248E) ntdll.dll
(0000F15E) ntdll.dll.KiUserExceptionDispatcher
(001FEFCF) Vcl::Graphics::_16837
(001FA8A5) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(00461F97) Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
dgazza.flushing@...

Invalid access to memory - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.11.2

Error message:
Invalid access to memory.

Stack trace:
(001FEE45) Vcl::Graphics::_16833
(0006248E) ntdll.dll
(0000F15E) ntdll.dll.KiUserExceptionDispatcher
(001FEFCF) Vcl::Graphics::_16837
(001FA8A5) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(00461F97) Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
DGAZZA.flushing@...

Invalid access to memory - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.11.2

Error message:
Invalid access to memory.

Stack trace:
(001FEE45) Vcl::Graphics::_16833
(0006248E) ntdll.dll
(0000F15E) ntdll.dll.KiUserExceptionDispatcher
(001FEFCF) Vcl::Graphics::_16837
(001FA8A5) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(00461F97) Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
martin

Re: Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.
barnold@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.9.3

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(001F1D63) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(004506FB) Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

I know how to reproduce the problem or the problem happens frequently enough. I wish to be contacted by the WinSCP team to help resolving the problem.
g0920504@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.6

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

スタック トレース:
(001BF82F) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(0040F273) Tb2dock::TTBCustomDockableWindow::WMNCPaint
(0021C315) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(0021B95C) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(003402A8) System::Classes::_18201
(000152F7) USER32.dll
(00016319) USER32.dll.GetDC
(00015DE8) USER32.dll
(00015E49) USER32.dll
(0000F117) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(00015A87) USER32.dll
(00015AE4) USER32.dll
(000152F7) USER32.dll
(00015D35) USER32.dll
(0001FD32) USER32.dll
(0001FD58) USER32.dll.CallWindowProcW
(0021C426) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::DefaultHandler
(0021C315) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(001D70B8) Vcl::Forms::TCustomForm::WndProc
(0078D54D) Vclcommon::C2516_0
(0021B95C) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(003402A8) System::Classes::_18201
(000152F7) USER32.dll
(00015D35) USER32.dll
(00015DE8) USER32.dll
(00015E49) USER32.dll
(0000F117) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(0001F75C) USER32.dll
(001E0598) Vcl::Forms::TApplication::ProcessMessage

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
verive.m@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.7

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(001BFB23) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(00447DF8) Tbxofficexptheme::TTBXOfficeXPTheme::PaintImage
(0042E3AD) Tbx::DrawTBXImage
(0044C653) Tbxstatusbars::TTBXCustomStatusBar::PaintPanel

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
verive.m@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.7

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(001BFB23) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(00422CD3) Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
biren.parmar@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.6

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(001BF82F) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(004313A7) Tbx::TTBXToolbar::WMEraseBkgnd
(002177D1) Vcl::Controls::TControl::WndProc
(0021C315) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::WndProc
(0021B95C) Vcl::Controls::TWinControl::MainWndProc
(003402A8) System::Classes::_18201
(00033921) USER32.dll
(0001378B) USER32.dll
(0001336B) USER32.dll
(0001A177) USER32.dll
(00069B54) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(004321DA) Tbx::_16631
(0044F3A8) Tbxthemes::_16460
(00033921) USER32.dll
(0001378B) USER32.dll
(0001336B) USER32.dll
(0001C53E) USER32.dll
(00069B54) ntdll.dll.KiUserCallbackDispatcher
(00019D9A) USER32.dll.PeekMessageW

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
barrett.chamberlain@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.1

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
[00BFFCFF] Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
[00E62E3F] Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem

The problem happens rarely. I cannot reproduce it.
martin

Re: Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
vegasnews@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.7.3

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
(001BF40F) Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
(0044C33B) Tbxstatusbars::TTBXCustomStatusBar::UpdatePanels
(00014D0C) TCustomScpExplorerForm::Idle
(0003793B) TNonVisualDataModule::DoIdle
(000378F8) TNonVisualDataModule::SessionIdleTimerTimer
(0033FE18) System::Classes::_18201
(000152F7) USER32.dll
(00015D35) USER32.dll
(000167BF) USER32.dll
(00016885) USER32.dll.DispatchMessageW
martin

Re: Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
vikramaditya234@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

WinSCP was in sync mode and I had left it idle. After I came back after 1 hour this error appeared.
System information
Windows 7
64 bit
16 GB
Intel i7 Core

WinSCP 5.7

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
[014AFC6F] Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
[01712DAF] Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem
martin

Re: Canvas does not allow drawing

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
steve@...

Canvas does not allow drawing

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

I had been using WinSCP and left for a few hours. I think Windows Home 8.1 went into sleep mode or hibernation mode and
when I woke it up the whole system was unresponsive to window clicks, or right or left mouse clicks.
The system is an I7 Processor with 8GB ram.
CPU

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

Maximum speed: 4.00 GHz
Sockets: 1
Cores: 4
Logical processors: 8
Virtualization: Enabled
L1 cache: 256 KB
L2 cache: 1.0 MB
L3 cache: 8.0 MB

Utilization 17%
Speed 4.32 GHz
Up time 1:05:19:44
Processes 114
Threads 1463
Handles 93951



WinSCP 5.7.1

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
[009FFCFF] Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
[00C62E3F] Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem
martin

Re: Canvas does not allow drawing

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
dassta@...

Canvas does not allow drawing - Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.6.1

Error message:
Canvas does not allow drawing

Stack trace:
[0146AE67] Vcl::Graphics::TCanvas::RequiredState
[016CE483] Tb2item::TTBView::DrawItem