Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window

Advertisement

hugo_2000@...

<Try to describe precise steps that lead to the problem (where do you click, what keys do you press, what do you see, etc.)>
<If relevant, consider attaching a session log file or a screenshot)>

WinSCP 5.6.3

Error message:

Stack trace:
[014EB07D] Vcl::Forms::TCustomForm::SetFocus

ended up in winscp window not focusable and not listed in windows window list (alt+tab)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

andipeh

thank you for your fast response.
I updated to the newest version (5.6.4) and thought the bug was gone. but i just got a similar behaviour.
now i downloaded the file from the link you sent me via email. but when i start it, nothing happens. instead winscp.exe keeps logging to disc, but fails to show up a window.
when i look into the tracelog it includes all saved connections - which i am not allowed to forward.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Thanks for your feedback. Can you at least send me a trailing part of the trace log (as much as possible) that does not include the stored sites?

andipeh

hi there,
thanks again for taking care of this issue. I really appreciate that.

I have tried the debug version. first i thought the programm just doesn't work at all. but when looking at the log file, i noticed it keeps growing.
after roughly 10 minutes the winscp window eventually showed up. by that time the debug log had a view MBs already. I tried to work with it, but each click took around 10-20 seconds to be recognized - so I simply left it unattended. after about an hour the logfile had 23MB and i closed the window normally. I could not recreate the issue i once had.

I moved back to the normal WinSCP Version and I may have found something now:
I am connected through a VPN using SFTP-3. Yesterday it happend that this VPN was overloaded - which seems to happen regulary. Winscp started to act strange. there where messages about connections issues and that i should change something in my settings if it keeps doing this - i have no screenshot, but i checked those settings already and those have been in place already.

I continued to take a lot longer for the reconnect, just to kick me off right after i was there - or it refused to let me reconnect at all.

Still i was able to abort the reconnection process and start to connect to that server from the login dialog again. Still after the next refresh (which is set to 15sec) the connection dropped again and I could not open/download any files.

Also there were messages about too large SFTP packets, stack overflows and Abnormal Programm terminations (not in that order, not in the same session, but due to multiple restarts of the programm)

It seems it all comes down to the VPN beeing overloaded. I know now how to check for the VPN traffic and i'll have a look whenever those connections issues happens again.

Advertisement

andipeh

andipeh wrote:

there where messages about connections issues and that i should change something in my settings if it keeps doing this - i have no screenshot, but i checked those settings already and those have been in place already.

Message is: Host is not communicatin for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting...
Note: If the problem repeats, try turning off 'Optimize connection buffer size'.
Warning: Aborting this operation will close connection!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum