You do not have a sufficient permissions (access rights) to a resource, such as a file or directory, to perform the operation.
You should contact the server administrator to resolve the problem.
Access rights systems differ with operating system and the file server. With the most common combination of Unix-based system and OpenSSH:
- To see a directory contents you need to have read permissions to the directory;
- To read a file you need to have read permissions to the file;
- To write a file you need to have a write permissions to the file;
- To create or delete file you need have a write permissions to the directory;
- To change file or directory permissions you need to be its owner;
- To change file modification time you need to be its owner (note that by default WinSCP updates file modification time when uploading).