I am trying to set preferences settings for all the users and not just the current user , followed the following steps , still not able to see the same settings on a new user , Am I missing something:
1. Use the preference tab and make the changes as per your business requirements
2. Launch Registry editor by running "regedit" from command prompt
3. Export [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl] to local disk and name it
4. Edit DefaultWinSCP.reg which was created,
a. clear up the entries under ~\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Configuration\CDCache
These are the previous connected session name. We don't need them for all users.
b. Clear up the entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\SshHostKeys
These are the saved sshhostkey from previous session. We don't need them for all user.
5 Copy the registry file to PSM server.
6. Replace all HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ with HKEY_USERS\DefaultWinSCP\
7. In Registry Editor , load a new hive that points to the default user's NTUSER.DAT by selecting HKEY_USERS then in the File menu the option Load Hive. Browse to and open C:\Users\Default\NTUSER.DAT (You may not be able to see NTUSER.DAT in the folder. Simply type into the filename box from C:\Users\Default and select Open)
8. Name the new hive DefaultWinSCP. The name DefaultWinSCP should be used as it is referring to a name in the exported reg file done previously.
9. Merge (or run) the attached DefaultWinSCP.reg file that was created as per the instructions above. The simplest way is by double clicking on the DefaultWinSCP.reg file.
10. You will now see in the DefaultWinSCP hive in RegEdit and new keys in ~/SOFTWARE/Martin Prikryl.
11. Select the hive name DefaultWinSCP under HKEY_Users then unload it by selecting from the File menu the option Unload Hive. You will see the DefaultWinSCP hive is gone. The changes are applied to the NTUSER.DAT file so new profiles will use the settings.