Post a reply

Before posting, please read how to report bug or request support effectively.

Bug reports without an attached log file are usually useless.

Options
Add an Attachment

If you do not want to add an Attachment to your Post, please leave the Fields blank.

(maximum 10 MB; please compress large files; only common media, archive, text and programming file formats are allowed)

Options

Topic review

Bill_Fields

Open a file for editing using Shift+Ctrl+E without navigating to the folder where the file lives.

WinSCP v6.5.7
This is the first time I tried this.
Using the GUI, Explorer

I have a remote path and file that I want to open for editing without having to navigate and click on the file. The file already exists. Here's an example:

/opt/BKECF/test/web/support/EorderPullDownSetup.pl


Current remote path open in Explorer:

/opt/BKECF/test/web/local/routes


I used the "Shift+Ctrl+E" shortcut and pasted the path and filename.

Results:

The remote file opened as expected, but was downloaded locally to what was the equivalent current remote path in WinSCP:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\opt\BKECF\test\web\local\routes\EorderPullDownSetup.pl


I edited the file, and when I saved it, it updated the file in the correct remote path the file lives in.

No loss of data, but the local filesystem has a copy of the file under the wrong path now. Confusing, and worrisome.