Important local folder disappeared after WinSCP transfer and deletion
Hello,
I need urgent help because I may have accidentally deleted an important folder containing about one month of data.
I am using WinSCP on Windows 11 Pro.
The folder was originally on my local Windows Desktop. I dragged the entire folder from the left panel (local computer) to the right panel (remote server) to transfer it to the remote computer.
After the transfer, I realized that I had put the folder in the wrong location on the remote server. I then selected the folder in the right panel and used the delete/trash option.
The problem is that the original folder has now also disappeared from my local Desktop. I cannot find it anywhere on the computer, including the Windows Recycle Bin, and a Windows search for the folder name finds nothing.
I am worried that I may have accidentally moved the folder back to the left/local panel and then deleted it, but I don't remember doing this.
The WinSCP Recycle Bin option was NOT enabled.
My local drive is an SSD.
Could WinSCP have deleted the original local folder, and is there a way to determine exactly what happened from the WinSCP logs/session history?
The data is very important, so I would like to avoid doing anything that could make recovery more difficult.
Thank you for any help.
I need urgent help because I may have accidentally deleted an important folder containing about one month of data.
I am using WinSCP on Windows 11 Pro.
The folder was originally on my local Windows Desktop. I dragged the entire folder from the left panel (local computer) to the right panel (remote server) to transfer it to the remote computer.
After the transfer, I realized that I had put the folder in the wrong location on the remote server. I then selected the folder in the right panel and used the delete/trash option.
The problem is that the original folder has now also disappeared from my local Desktop. I cannot find it anywhere on the computer, including the Windows Recycle Bin, and a Windows search for the folder name finds nothing.
I am worried that I may have accidentally moved the folder back to the left/local panel and then deleted it, but I don't remember doing this.
The WinSCP Recycle Bin option was NOT enabled.
My local drive is an SSD.
Could WinSCP have deleted the original local folder, and is there a way to determine exactly what happened from the WinSCP logs/session history?
The data is very important, so I would like to avoid doing anything that could make recovery more difficult.
Thank you for any help.