I'm using WinSCP version: 5.9 (Build 6786)
This bug has been seen on several previous versions too (I've just never reported it before).
I'm using Windows 10.
I'm using the Commander interface.
Steps to duplicate the bug:
1. open a remote directory that has a long list of files (long enough the gui can't show them all)
2. upload a file that will appear below the fold (e.g. if the last file you can see in the remote location is named "main.db" you must upload a file that will appear below that file -- a file named "zzz.db" would do fine for testing purposes)
3. scroll down to the newly uploaded file and double-click to open it
4. the wrong file will open
5. to see this bug in a different manner, scroll down to the newly uploaded file and single-click on it -- the gui will instantly scroll up all by itself.
6. the bug will NOT repeat itself on the same file -- to see the bug both ways you must upload 2 files.
I receive no error messages.
No errors are being logged.
The whole bug is just the gui auto-scrolling up if you single-click and opening the wrong file if you double-click...but the bug only shows the first time you access a newly uploaded file that you have to scroll down to click.
Also, this might be useful info. This is my "work around" for the bug:
1. upload a file
2. BEFORE scrolling down to it, single-click ANY file that the gui is showing.
3. now when you scroll down, both single and double clicks work as expected.
Maybe I should call it an aggravation instead of a bug :)