I'm new to this forum looking for help with my connection issues to my FTP server.
1. installed the FTP server Role onto my 2012R2 box, followed the guide provided on the WinSCP site.
2. installed the client for Windows on my computer
3. added Firewall policy (Watch Guard T30) to allow FTP traffic from my home office to server location
a) added Static NAT (Public IP to internal Server IP)
4. created site within WinSCP client
a) active mode first
5. When trying to connect from home office I am getting
Connecting to 184.xx.xx.xx ...
. 2017-01-23 10:30:42.313 Timeout detected. (control connection)
. 2017-01-23 10:30:42.313 Connection failed.
. 2017-01-23 10:30:42.313 Got reply 1004 to the command 1
* 2017-01-23 10:30:42.340 (EFatal) Connection failed.
* 2017-01-23 10:30:42.340 Timeout detected. (control connection)
a) passive mode second
I was trying different configurations within IIS, changed Firewall Support, Ports 0-0, changed Firewall policies accordingly.
Disabled Symantec Endpoint Protection temporary on server
When looking at the firewall traffic log, my connection to the server is allowed.
When running the WinScp client on a computer within the office network (server location)- it connects right away!