Inconsistent download URLs for RC releases
Hi,
I've installed WinSCP using Scoop. Current version is 6.5.7. However I want to test latest beta, 6.6.3.RC, to sign in using OpenSSH ssh-agent. Scoop has a nice feature to auto-generate manifests for any version, but it won't work with RC versions.
Indeed, the proper URL is
Could the folder name be the actual release version, only with dots and without space? I believe it will be useful for other automation software as well.
Thanks
I've installed WinSCP using Scoop. Current version is 6.5.7. However I want to test latest beta, 6.6.3.RC, to sign in using OpenSSH ssh-agent. Scoop has a nice feature to auto-generate manifests for any version, but it won't work with RC versions.
> scoop install winscp@6.6.3.RC
INFO Resolving historical manifest for 'winscp' (6.6.3.RC)
WARN No historical manifest found for 'winscp@6.6.3.RC'; attempting autoupdate
Autoupdating winscp
Searching hash for WinSCP-6.6.3.RC-Portable.zip in https://winscp.net/download/WinSCP-6.6.3.RC-ReadMe.txt
Found: 10df2b9191641b321d5e0ab58dcaac8042cf92ace19a7ef8ffe35ac196a100ea using Extract Mode
Writing updated winscp manifest
Installing 'winscp' (6.6.3.RC) [64bit] from generated manifest
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
ERROR URL https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/winscp/WinSCP/6.6.3.RC/WinSCP-6.6.3.RC-Portable.zip is not valid
Indeed, the proper URL is
https://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/winscp/WinSCP/6.6.3 RC/WinSCP-6.6.3.RC-Portable.zip, i.e. the release folder is named with a space before RC instead of a dot.
Could the folder name be the actual release version, only with dots and without space? I believe it will be useful for other automation software as well.
Thanks