Batch file script

Advertisement

bw5500@hotmail.com

Batch file script

Trying to insert a get command into a batch file, however between the syntax and the help screens this WinSCP is like no other to figure out. Need to get from an SFTP and pull to a local. Generated the transfer code in the GUI but inserting the additional command is not working. please advise.

Advertisement

batch file script

The script generator has "Your command 1" and "Your command 2" , but doesnt seem to work, so either im not using correct syntax for WinSCP, or I have the script in the wrong position. see below, please advise.

@echo off

"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" ^
  /log="C:\writable\path\to\log\WinSCP.log" /ini=nul ^
  /command ^
    "open sftp://abc@123.server.transfer.us-west-2.xyz.com/ -hostkey=""ssh-rsa 1234 abc123="" -privatekey=""\\server.abc.network\Data\FILE_SHARE\me\ABC.ppk""" ^
    "GET abc.txt "F:\def\"" ^
    "Your command 2" ^
    "exit"

set WINSCP_RESULT=%ERRORLEVEL%
if %WINSCP_RESULT% equ 0 (
  echo Success
) else (
  echo Error
)

exit /b %WINSCP_RESULT%

Advertisement

bw5500@hotmail.com

batch file script

Thank you, unfortunately both examples return same error, "The system cannot find the file specified". The file can be moved manually however the file is not found when written to a batch file. Please advise, as this is the WinSCP is the first software i have ever had issues with integrating to a batch file for a scheduled task. having to use the WinSCP due to sftp hostkey requirements.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: batch file script

OK, you have another problem in your batch file. I believe it's quite obvious. You didn't replace the placeholder C:\writable\path\to\log\ with an actual path. So WinSCP tries to log to a folder that does not exist. Use a real path.

If this still does not help, please post your new complete script/batch file. A log file can be useful too.

Also make sure you have read complete article I've linked above. It deals with common problems people have when using WinSCP from a batch file:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_batch_file

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum