We were hacked so I had to restore from backup. I'm not using same user. How to get sites showing

Advertisement

lovetogolfau

We were hacked so I had to restore from backup. I'm not using same user. How to get sites showing

I followed instructions I found on the WinSCP site. I drilled down to HKEY_USERS and then all the way down to WINSCP 2 and found the user that had the configuration saved. I exported registry from WinSCP down. I opened the saved file and replaced HEK_USERS\S-1-5-21-2460046760-840946033-3377094222-1002\ with HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ and double clicked the registry key. It said it worked. I now look under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2 and see the sites under CDCache. How do I get them to show up in WinSCP? Thanks for any help! We are recovering from a Ransomware attack...

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: We were hacked so I had to restore from backup. I'm not using same user. How to get sites showing

The CDCache does not contain the stored sites. It's a cache. Ignore that key.
The stored sites are in (should be in) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\Sessions
Do you have the Session key in the HEK_USERS\S-1-5-21-2460046760-840946033-3377094222-1002\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum