Strange rectangular boxes remain after Tooltips

Advertisement

chocofc1

Strange rectangular boxes remain after Tooltips

Hi, Tooltips leave the rectangular box and the shadow after being viewed. They don't disappear as they should. It is annoying because those boxes stay on top of everything and happens a lot. is there a way to disable Tooltips? The information they give is not worth the trouble of having to reboot the PC to clear them.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Strange rectangular boxes remain after Tooltips

When exactly does this happen? Do you have any special Windows setting enabled? Or some special software? What version of Windows? You are the first one to report this.
Please post some screenshots too.

chocofc1

I actually have the problem now, I attach screen shot image.
It seems to happen with the "Remote Folder Sync" window, when I hover the buttons to stop sync and rest of the options. Not sure exactly when it happens, but is since always. I have been using this FTP software only for a few months. And I basically only need to sync local folders with remote. I am using Windows 10 Pro, with "factory" settings. Is an office PC with no modification. This only happens with WinSCP, never happened before until I installed this.

If I hover over the same button in the same sync window, the box disappears. The problem is that right now the Tooltip is not showing anywhere. So I can't make it disappear.

tooltips rectangular problem.png

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sorry, but it's not clear from your post what tooltips those are/were.
As you wrote, there are no tooltips on that window.
Can you post a screenshot of the tooltip? And describe what exactly do you do after the tooltip shows, that make the shadow not go away.

chocofc1

I was sure it was obvious, it seems only I can see ghosts :(
Please look where the button "Minimizar" (Minimize) is. There is a shadow covering all 3 buttons.
Also right side of "Opciones de transferencia"

You must see it, please tell me my PC is not playing tricks one me ...

I can't reproduce the problem willingly, I don't know what triggers it, but it happens like once every 2-3 weeks. I have the impression that it happens when the sync window is taken away while the tooltip is visible, using alt-tab, or because another window popped on top.

Not sure how I can be the only one seeing those shadows since it also happens in my home PC with a different Windows (11, not 10) It happens the same. The only personalization I make to the system is choosing Dark mode whenever possible, but I never use any software to force it, only already available options.

Maybe the rest don't use the "Remote folder sync" option, or are not bothered by the shadow, or simply uninstall the software without going through all the fuss of reporting it.

Tomorrow if I am not bombarded with 999 tasks, and bastards don't hack my clients website replacing them with stupid ca*sino sl*ots gam*bling content, I will try to find a way to reproduce the problem.

btw please please improve the deleting operation. Is just sub optimal, is so slow, that the server sends a disconnect for slowness. It literraly says "try to be faster next time", it blows my mind. And winscp does not auto-reconnect and resume the deleting process. Why does winscp even ask for a confirmation for reconnecting?? It should just do it. Just reconnect and keep doing what it was doing.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Sure, I can see the shadows on your screenshot. But I was asking, where did the shadows came from. Or rather, where did the tooltips came from. I do not think they are from the window on the screenshot, right? Are they maybe from a progress window that popped up earlier, when synchronizing modified local files?

Regarding your slow delete problem, please start a new thread and include a session log file.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum