WinSCP Script fails to keep up with their sync

Advertisement

asrielgarcia

WinSCP Script fails to keep up with their sync

Hello, I'm using WinSCP V6.3.2 (14890 2024-03-12 compilation)
The windows I'm using is a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

I have a code that synchronizes my backups folders, and once they are synchronized, all backups older to 2 days will be deleted.
Problem is, when trying to synchronize, sometimes it will disconnect and re-connect, but that makes it go back at 0%...
Another problem I have is that for some reason, when trying to upload a 54 GB file, after like 10% it will make some strange errors about buffers and it will also suggest to remove an option with -rawsettings SendBuf=0 SshSimple=0, which I already have done, but it happens anyways...

I leave the logs AND the code as an attachment.
Last edited by asrielgarcia on 2024-05-09 08:48; edited 1 time in total
  • syncronize_script.bat (1.1 KB, Private file)
  • winscp-logs.log (392.76 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP Script fails to keep up with their sync

Can you upload the 54 GB file to that SFTP server using any other SFTP client? Please, post its log file, if you can.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I do not think this problem has anything to do without your script.

Having that said, your rm command won't work (but that's completely different topic).

asrielgarcia

Tested with azcopy, it copied files at 18 MB per second instead of the limited 3 MB per second WinSCP currently gives me, plus: Not a single desync nor connection issue. I'm starting to think the problem may be with WinSCP itself.

Leaving the azcopy data in attachments.
  • azcopy-results.log (1.89 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

asrielgarcia

As an extra quote: WinSCP also fails multiple times when trying to syncronize folders through the GUI after some time of uploading, and even with the options for keeping the connection alive, it suddenly disconnects sometimes (and even while in a syncronize process).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Would it be possible to get a test account on your server?

asrielgarcia

It won't be possible, sorry.

I have an update about this issue though. I am able to evade the failures of connections and such by dividing the load of the files by sending fileparts instead of the whole file. Problem is, WinSCP for some reason just "spaces out" and does nothing when my Veeam Backup executes the script for it to send the data. It just sends 0kb of the first filepart and then powers off...

IN some other instances, it just crashes after being asked if the script wants to delete the "already existing" blob, it should accept it as I have the options for that on the winscp command. But it seems like it just ends there. (Its also weird it tells me "this blob already exists" when the file being upload is literally being made new from this same script).

Leaving the script in attachments as always.

P.S: The part that used to delete old files, it used to work, now you are right and doesn't work. But I guess that is a different issue from this!
  • sync-script-v3.bat (1.66 KB, Private file)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please post session log file for the "spaces out" and "powers off".

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum