few suggestions

Advertisement

near

few suggestions

i have few suggestions (version 1.0.1.49)

1) if username is not entered in session data, ask for it before connecting (together with password) like FARs original FTP-plugin does

2) show file contents from /proc filesystem. for example, now file /proc/interrupts looks empty.
of course "cat /proc/interrupts" still works (with SCP)

3) possibility to redirect output of remote command to local file
something like "ps faxu 3> c:\ps.txt"

thanks for your work!
this is great plugin!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: few suggestions

near wrote:

1) if username is not entered in session data, ask for it before connecting (together with password) like FARs original FTP-plugin does
When you have stored session without stored username, login dialog displayes again when you press enter on it.

2) show file contents from /proc filesystem. for example, now file /proc/interrupts looks empty.
of course "cat /proc/interrupts" still works (with SCP)
I suppose that this is limitation of protocol rather that bug of WinSCP. Have you tried SFTP?

3) possibility to redirect output of remote command to local file
something like "ps faxu 3> c:\ps.txt"
Good idea, I'll see.

near

When you have stored session without stored username, login dialog displayes again when you press enter on it.

yes, but it takes too many keypresses to actually connect that way :) besides, if you simply press ENTER and fill username, then pressing ENTER again it just saves session settings...

for contrast, in FAR FTP-plugin, there you have only to press ENTER, type username, press TAB, type password and finally press ENTER to connect.

consider user wants to connect without saving neither username nor password...

I checked and yes, with SFTP it's possible to see /proc file contents! unfortunatelly, remote command execution works only in SCP mode :(

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

near wrote:

yes, but it takes too many keypresses to actually connect that way :) besides, if you simply press ENTER and fill username, then pressing ENTER again it just saves session settings...
OK, I admit that it is rather difficult to select "Connect" button. So I'll make it in way that if you open session with Enter, than "Connect" will be the default button.

I checked and yes, with SFTP it's possible to see /proc file contents! unfortunatelly, remote command execution works only in SCP mode :(
Hmm, I believe that I cannot do anything with it. To verify this, can you try for me to read /proc file with another SCP client (unix SCP of PSCP)?

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum