SFTP file transfers abort

Advertisement

mdh

SFTP file transfers abort

Hello. I'm having a very strange problem with WinSCP that I'm hoping you can help with.

I am attempting to SFTP a small number of rpm files (10 files, about 12mb) from my Windows XP SP3 computer (working at home over a Cisco VPN) to a server running SuSE Enterprise Linux (SLES 9 SP3 and SLES 10 SP2 servers tried).

My file transfer starts out fine, but at some point (I think when it gets to a larger file - around 7mb) I get an error message stating that "Host is not communicating for more than 15 seconds. Still waiting..." After a short time, I'll get another message "Network error. Software caused connection abort". If I leave it alone, sometimes it will automatically connect. Other times it will just abort completely. In both cases, if I have putty ssh sessions open, some or all of them will also abort. Even some http sessions in IE7 will abort.

I figured that this issue had something to do with either my computer or the server, but I did some testing today. I was able to duplicate the problem when trying to transfer the same files to several different Linux servers (all SLES, either 9, 10 or 11). After I switched my SFTP client to Tectia SSH, I was able to transfer the files without any problem at all.

In most cases, I'd switch to the software that works, but I very much prefer WinSCP (and PuTTY) to Tectia. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help troubleshoot this issue.

Best Regards,

Michael

Advertisement

mdh

Re: SFTP file transfers abort

martin wrote:

What version of WinSCP are you using? If 4.3.x, can you try 4.2.9?

I have tried 4.3.2, 4.2.9 and 4.2.1. Same result with all of them.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum