repeated crashes

Advertisement

minimouse

repeated crashes

I've been using WinSCP for a couple of weeks, it performs better than FileZilla especially for upload. However the past few days it's crashing quite often. I don't know what has changed to cause this. I've tried 437, 506, and 507 with similar results. I put a few large files into the queue, it runs for a while, then crashes.

Last time I enabled logging (debug 2) but the log file is nearly 2GB after running for less than an hour.

What other information can I provide to assist in resolving this issue?

Advertisement

minimouse

Well it's definitely not resume. I changed the protocol to SCP and did another download. It completed successfully. Then started another; it's the only item in the queue. Now I can see it's still downloading, the progress updates as expected. But a crash dialog has also appeared on top. I'm going to wait until the download completes to press the Close button since SCP has no resume capability.

winscp.png

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: repeated crashes

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum