Additional pattern (session-name) for External Application / KiTTY

Advertisement

Clodo
Donor

Additional pattern (session-name) for External Application / KiTTY

With Kitty (PuTTY alternative) it's possibile to define the window title in command line.
In WinSCP -> Preferences -> PuTTY Path -> P:\<mydir>\Kitty\kitty.exe !U@!@ -title !@

But, for example, i have a WinSCP profile called 'MyHTPC', and i will view the KiTTY with "MyHTPC" window title.

I suggest to add
!S
as pattern for the WinSCP profile/session name.

Thanks.

Advertisement

Clodo
Donor

Sorry if i UP this topic.
I absolutely need this 'session name' pattern.
And also i have server not on the default 22 ssh port, and there isn't any 'port' pattern: https://winscp.net/tracker/1020

I need this two patterns, otherwise i need to look for a WinSCP alternative, and i don't want :P

I can pay the development of this.
I promise a 50$ donation when a beta with both new pattern are available, or a feedback about what lines of code i can touch for recompile myself.
Thanks for consideration.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Please understand that you are currently the only one asking for this. So it does not really have a high priority.

Advertisement

Clodo
Donor

martin wrote:

Please understand that you are currently the only one asking for this. So it does not really have a high priority.
I absolutely understand, i'm also an open-source developer of other projects (with many feature requests pending :wink: ).

But i absolutely need this two feature for my work, and i don't want to look about WinSCP alternative.

I try to download Embarcadero and WinSCP sources, but i'm having issues with compilation of ScpForms:
[bcc32 Error] Progress.cpp(136): E2451 Undefined symbol 'Vcl_Consts_SMsgDlgCancel'
  Full parser context
    Progress.cpp(110): parsing: void _fastcall TProgressForm::UpdateControls()
[bcc32 Error] Progress.cpp(267): E2285 Could not find a match for 'Format(const wchar_t *,int,unsigned int)'
  Full parser context
[bcc32 Error] Progress.cpp(267): E2285 Could not find a match for 'Format(const wchar_t *,int,unsigned int)'
  Full parser context
[bcc32 Warning] Progress.cpp(372): W8004 'N' is assigned a value that is never used
  Full parser context
    Progress.cpp(334): parsing: void _fastcall TProgressForm::SetProgressData(TFileOperationProgressType &)
[bcc32 Error] Progress.cpp(450): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall operator TDateTime::double() const' and '_fastcall operator TDateTime::int() const'
  Full parser context
    Progress.cpp(440): parsing: void _fastcall TProgressForm::CancelOperation()

The patch i request maybe, it's adding in
source\core\FileMasks.cpp
line 1146
in function bool __fastcall TFileCustomCommand::PatternReplacement
  else if (Pattern == L"!S") // new pattern, Session Name
  {
    Replacement = FData.SessionData->SessionName;
  }
  else if (Pattern == L"!P") // new pattern, Port Number
  {
    Replacement = itoa(FData.SessionData->PortNumber); // still looking the code method to convert an int to a UnicodeString
  }

I'm actually need to resolve sources build problems only to have these lines of code in a working WinSCP.exe.
If anyone that have a building environment that works can build it for me, i'ts greatly appreciated.
I donate 50$ in any case, i really like WinSCP and your effort in this project.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum