dir works from command line ftp but not from winscp

Advertisement

bryanmurtha1

dir works from command line ftp but not from winscp

Hello,

I have two servers, both connecting to the same ftp server internally. Originally dir did not work from regular windows command line ftp or from winscp. Then I asked the network guys and they said it was ACKing but not routing. So they fixed that. Now I can connect to the server and when I do a dir I see the directory but only from command line ftp. If I use winscp /console, same thing, if I put it in Passive Mode and use the Windows Client same thing. Can log in but dir does not work, but only on one box. When I do dir I get this:
Active session: [1] rlm_svc@192.168.0.000
winscp> dir
D--------- 0 0 ..

from command line:
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls (192.168.0.000,53600).
total 1
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 1 Apr 26 2011 .
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 1 Apr 26 2011 ..
d--------- 3 root root 0 Apr 11 09:34 rlm
226 ASCII transfer complete.
ftp: 219 bytes received in 0.02Seconds 11.53Kbytes/sec.

Please help

Advertisement

Re: dir works from command line ftp but not from winscp

I upgraded to the latest Beta Release and that fixed the problem. It wasn't until I checked it in FileZilla and it worked that I said wait let me try to upgrade the client.

bryanmurtha1 wrote:

Hello,

I have two servers, both connecting to the same ftp server internally. Originally dir did not work from regular windows command line ftp or from winscp. Then I asked the network guys and they said it was ACKing but not routing. So they fixed that. Now I can connect to the server and when I do a dir I see the directory but only from command line ftp. If I use winscp /console, same thing, if I put it in Passive Mode and use the Windows Client same thing. Can log in but dir does not work, but only on one box. When I do dir I get this:
Active session: [1] rlm_svc@192.168.0.000
winscp> dir
D--------- 0 0 ..

from command line:
ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls (192.168.0.000,53600).
total 1
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 1 Apr 26 2011 .
dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 1 Apr 26 2011 ..
d--------- 3 root root 0 Apr 11 09:34 rlm
226 ASCII transfer complete.
ftp: 219 bytes received in 0.02Seconds 11.53Kbytes/sec.

Please help

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum