directory permissions UI

Advertisement

sky

directory permissions UI

It's been confusing many of our WinSCP users when setting directory permissions so it cycles to the 'do not change' (greyed checkbox in win2k, green square in XP) option.

I think it would be more intuitive if this was only an option when 'Set group, owner and permissions recursively' is checked (otherwise, it's just for the directory).

Also, it should cycle (as many other programs do):
unchecked->checked->do not change
This will mean when users see it unchecked and want to check it, they click once--seeing it 'checked' will not be counter-intuitive. If they see it checked, then clicking it once and still seeing something in the box, they'll click it again to uncheck it.

As an aside. Are you still looking for documentation? We do not have anywhere close to all features documented (nor will we), but if the link is useful, then ours is at:
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Thanks for the quick update on the 3.7.3 bug!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: directory permissions UI

sky wrote:

I think it would be more intuitive if this was only an option when 'Set group, owner and permissions recursively' is checked (otherwise, it's just for the directory).

Also, it should cycle (as many other programs do):
unchecked->checked->do not change
OK, next version.

As an aside. Are you still looking for documentation? We do not have anywhere close to all features documented (nor will we), but if the link is useful, then ours is at:
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
Thanks for the link. So do I have permission to "steal" some of your text if I find them useful?

sky

Re: directory permissions UI

martin wrote:

OK, next version.
awesome

Thanks for the link. So do I have permission to "steal" some of your text if I find them useful?

Please do!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum