skipped SSH_FXP_WRITE

Advertisement

pbarnes

skipped SSH_FXP_WRITE

I am new to WinSCP and am using it from the command line to automate SFTP file transfers.

I am interrogating the log file to automatically verify the file transfer was successful. My verification includes checking for the transfer filename, transfer date, and the transferred byte count.

For the Byte count, I am looking at the message: "SSH_FXP_WRITE, Size: NNNNNNN, ..."

When testing with small files, < 1000 bytes, my verification was OK. But when testing with larger files, I frequently get a file size smaller than what I really sent. Following the SSH_FXP_WRITE I get:
"1 skipped SSH_FXP_WRITE, SSH_FXP_READ, SSH_FXP_DATA and SSH_FXP_STATUS packets."

I've seen this statement in the logs for several posts, but haven't been able to identify what causes it, why it is there, what it really means, etc. I look at the transferred file and the entire file is transferred OK.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement

pbarnes

Re: skipped SSH_FXP_WRITE

Another little fact from my latest test. The file size is always 4076 with files of actual size 5568 or with 4128:
Type: SSH_FXP_WRITE, Size: 4076, Number: 774

Another fact: The last file of size 4128 transfers with the same error using public key encryption (different destination and session), but the byte count is 4079.

Pat

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum