WinSCP 2.4.2, overwrite of existing files on server.

Advertisement

psl

WinSCP 2.4.2, overwrite of existing files on server.

Hi!

I have two notices about overwriting files in WinSCP 2.4.2.
First, when I copy a file from PC to ssh server I sometimes get a dialog "File already exist. Overwrite?" I would like to see details about original file and new file (like date of change, size, etc). This will be great support for next user move.

Second, when I try to copy a file to a sub directory , I don't get a warning that I will overwrite a file in that subdirectory. Even when I will overwrite a file. From my point of view this is a bug.

With regards,
PSL

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP 2.4.2, overwrite of existing files on server.

I suppose that you mean 3.4.2, not 2.4.2, am I right?

I have two notices about overwriting files in WinSCP 2.4.2.
First, when I copy a file from PC to ssh server I sometimes get a dialog "File already exist. Overwrite?" I would like to see details about original file and new file (like date of change, size, etc). This will be great support for next user move.
OK, I may add this.

Second, when I try to copy a file to a sub directory , I don't get a warning that I will overwrite a file in that subdirectory. Even when I will overwrite a file. From my point of view this is a bug.
I suppose that you refer to upload using SCP protocol. With this protocol it is not possbile to do this for uploads. Try SFTP instead.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum