"Synchronize" files to a different directory?

Advertisement

insanecm

"Synchronize" files to a different directory?

I have a SFTP server with hundreds of files, with new file(s) added daily. I also have a server holding "processed" files, originating from the source server, which gets new files every day from the source.

My problem is that every day I have to find the newest files (ones not yet processed) and get them from the SFTP server, and copy them into a DIFFERENT folder than where I keep the processed files on the local server. (Think of it as a queue for further internal processing.) I don't have the time or bandwidth to download more than only the files that I actually need and haven't yet processed.

I essentially want to do a one way "synchronize" function but have the new/different files copied to a different directory than the one it's comparing against for synchronization. Is this possible?

One other hitch, I have to use SSIS and winscp.com scripting to get it done.

In the past, when connecting to a FTP server I'd get a list of all of the files in a directory, sort them by date descending, and put that into an array of strings in SSIS. From there I can handle it without any problem.

Anyone have thoughts/suggestions?

The best scenario I can come up with right now is to pipe the output of a script which logs in and lists all files in the directory. I can then clean up the resulting file and import the filenames back into SSIS but it's not the cleanest method available.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum