To use WinSCP with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, you need to have OpenSSH installed on it. You can get it installed for example by:
- Jailbreaking your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad;
- Installing OpenSSH with Cydia (in network section) or Installer.app.
To connect, specify on WinSCP Login dialog:
- IP address of your iOS device into Host name (You will find the IP address, if you go to yours iPhone/iPod Touch menu Settings > Wi-Fi and choose the network you are using);
rootinto User name;
dottie(depends on firmware version) into Password;
- You may need to set longer Server response timeout on Connection page of Advanced Site Settings dialog (use Advanced button to open the dialog);
- Keep default SFTP File protocol;
- Click Login.
Note that when connecting via WI-FI it is recommended to turn off auto-lock as WI-FI connection gets interrupted when device locks. To turn off auto-lock go to Settings > General > Auto-lock.
If you need more detailed description follow to:
If you are having problems connecting, check list of common error messages.
Once you connect, you may wonder how to do ... on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad?