Documentation » Using WinSCP » Guides » Cloud Computing »
Connecting securely to Backblaze B2 storage/bucket with S3
With WinSCP you can easily upload and manage files on your Backblaze B2 storage/bucket using S3 protocol.
Before starting you should have WinSCP installed.
Collect information about your B2 bucket and API keys in your Backblaze account:
- Endpoint: Locate your bucket on your bucket list and find a hostname labeled Endpoint. It has a format like
- If you do not have an Application key yet (not Master application key), go to App Keys page and generate new application key. Note both keyID and applicationKey.
Start WinSCP. Login dialog will appear. On the dialog:
- Make sure New site node is selected.
- On the New site node, select Amazon S3 protocol.
- Enter your bucket endpoint to the Host name box.
- Enter your keyID to into the Access key ID box and your applicationKey to Secret access key box.
- Save your site settings using the Save button.
- Login using the Login button.
- Guide to uploading files;
- Guide to automating operations (including upload);
- Official Backblaze guide for connecting using WinSCP.