With WinSCP you can easily upload and manage files on your Google Cloud Storage bucket using S3 protocol.
Before starting you should:
- Have WinSCP installed (you need the latest beta version of WinSCP);
- Have Google Cloud Storage bucket set up.
First you need to generate your access keys, if you do not have them yet:
- Go to Storage service of your project on the Google Cloud Platform;
- There, go to Settings > Interoperability;
- Check the Request endpoint. It should be
- Go to Access keys for service accounts or Access keys for your user account to add or manage your accesskeys.
- Go to Default project for interoperable access and select your project the default project.
Finally, start WinSCP. Login dialog will appear. On the dialog:
- Make sure New site node is selected.
- On the New site node, select the S3 protocol.
- Enter the hostname of your request endpoint to the Host name box. Typically it is
- Enter your access keys to the Access key ID and Secret access key boxes.
- Save your site settings using the Save button.
- Login using the Login button.