Thank you for your answers!
1. Next time it will happen I will send you the log, until that I tell you the exact workflow:
- select multiple files to upload
- press F5 so the copy process starts with the first file, the others are in queue
- for some reason (it doesn't matter what, for example timeout or forbidden ftp access, etc.) the transfer stops, then a dialog pops up with multiple buttons like Skip, Skip all, etc.
Now, here the Abort button does not abort the uploading of the files that are in queue. The uploading starts with the next file, of course again the same error occurs, Abort, then comes the next file, and so on.
2. When the "Remember last used directory" is turned on, the last path of the session is restored. If the path isn't acccessible, a dialog pops up, that the path isn't accessible. This dialog may be useless, when often using removable media it's annoying (you may use a checkbox in the dialog "Don't show this again". Anyway, I understand this behavior.
My recommendation is a switch in the main options that skips the workaround of remembering directories for particular sessions, I mean GLOBALLY remember the last used directory. Otherwise I'm always landing in My Documents, I hate this folder - sorry.
So it's simple:
Take my example: I'm working for microstock agencies. I have around 30 ftp sites set up. I upload the same images/videos for every site. I upload batches of 15-20 images or 4-5 videos of 20-200Mb. I often work from removable media, depending on the place (I have 3 computers) from where I upload. Depending on the other removable media inserted into system, the drive always changes. Now imagine, I start with the first agency, WINSCP says, F:\StockUpload doesn't exists. OK. When I connect to the second agency, WINSCP again says, F:\StockUpload doesn't exists. And so on for all the 20-30 connections. Also, every time I'm in the My Documents directory.
If you understand well, for this kind of work, complicated remembering of last used folders and/or repeated notifications it's just annoying.
As soon I will have a log I will post it here.