WinSCP shows a strange entry

Advertisement

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP shows a strange entry

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

jmar83
jmar83 avatar

I'm sorry it was the proftpd crap ftp server... it seems they do what they want, and in some points they don't care about FTP standards... maybe it's possible to configure it until it's compatible, but maybe you need many days or weeks for that. E.g. Foscam Cameras (they wrote that entry i talk about, but the problem was on "proftpd" side) are COMPLETELY incompatible to it.

Maybe you can confirm me, as the developer of WinSCP, that "proftpd" needs some special handlings for FTP client app- or library-programmers? (and progammers they use FTP libraries...?

On M$ FTP i NEVER had such am mess compared to proftpd when i used the free version if https://enterprisedt.com/products/edtftpj/, but with "proftpd" i needed hours (maybe an afternoon) of try-and-error to make it work...)

But i also know that plesk is also using "proftpd", but they have a LOT of money for engineers they customize proftpd to make it well compatible - we (a small company) so we don't have that.

It seems that every company has its own view of "FTP standards" - but in fact, it's cleary defined how it works. It exists since 1985, but the IT community seems to be completely unable to make it right!?

But your WinSCP is very very nice, best Tool for FTP / SCP / SFTP!! :-)

-> On your FTP client, i it has shown that entry, on File Zilla and the SSH console just an empty line...

Now we use "vsftpd", and all works well. "proftpd" is died for me now!!

Regards, Jan

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jmar83 wrote:

Maybe you can confirm me, as the developer of WinSCP, that "proftpd" needs some special handlings for FTP client app- or library-programmers? (and progammers they use FTP libraries...?
Quite on the contrary, I have a very good experience with ProFTPD. Please post a log file for your problems.

Advertisement

jmar83
jmar83 avatar

They are gone, we don't have them anymore... now we use vsftp, i lil bit harder to configure than proftpd, but more stable to use in my opinion.

Maybe one day i will try it again with proftpd...(?)

Regards, Jan

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum