GUI flawless but script gets error code 4 and ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0 error

Advertisement

john321

GUI flawless but script gets error code 4 and ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0 error

Greetings,
I've been reading the forum and help files but am finding myself stuck. I am transferring two txt files via SFTP and when using the GUI, I am able to do so without issue. However, the script I am using is giving me an Error code: 4 for one file (file1 below), and 'Receiving ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0' error for the other (file 2 below). I've used the command generator in the GUI, am using a bat file and separate winscp script file, have saved the ini file with config settings and tried calling that or not, have tried a couple different switches on the PUT command, and have enabled and read log files.

Here are sample files.
BAT
"C:\Program Files (x86)\WinSCP\WinSCP.com" /log="D:\Program Files\mypath\test.log" /ini="D:\Program Files\mypath\winscp.ini" /script="D:\Program Files\mypath\winscp-script2.txt"

Script
open sftp://username:complexpassword@sftpserver.com/ -hostkey="ssh-rsa 1024 123456etc" -rawsettings FSProtocol=2

put "D:\Program Files\mypath\file1.txt" "/incoming/stg/" -nopreservetime -resume
put "D:\Program Files\mypath\file2.txt" "/incoming/stg/"

exit

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: GUI flawless but script gets error code 4 and ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0 error

Please post session log files both from GUI and the script.

Re: GUI flawless but script gets error code 4 and ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0 error

Thanks for the offer to assist, but figured out the issue... had a letter "i" incorrect case in the destination path of the script, hence why the GUI worked fine since the path isn't open to user error.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum