Direction rules breaking (remote overwrites local)

Advertisement

ianw

Direction rules breaking (remote overwrites local)

SETUP
I have DIRECTION MODE set to REMOTE
I am running in MIRROR mode
Existing Files is unchecked

PROBLEM
SCENARIO: a File (or files) are currently LOCKED FOR EDIT and I mistakenly perform a SYNC
OUTCOME: the sync decides to MOVE files from REMOTE=>LOCAL
ISSUE: this overwrites LOCAL FILES which is a HUGE PROBLEM

QUESTION
Why does this happen?
Why is it allowed?
And lastly how does one prevent this mishap?

PS: I NEVER EVER want REMOTE to write to LOCAL. This Error can create UNTOLD damage to code.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Direction rules breaking (remote overwrites local)

Thanks for your report.
Though, I'm not sure I understand. Are you claiming that if you perform local to remote synchronization and the files are locked (which files the local or the remote?), WinSCP actually downloads the files (instead of uploading them)?

Please attach a full session log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the session log file, enable logging, log in to your server and do the operation and only the operation that causes the error. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you can mark the attachment as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum