Startup and Login manager

Advertisement

itsme1231331

Startup and Login manager

Hello there, I've been using WinSCP for years to connect to all the RasPis I'm using. Today I thought let's look for an update and install it, without writing down the old version I was using. Now, of course, I can't get the old behavior back and it is driving me crazy :P

When I started WinSCP it always only opened the Login manager this was perfect to open multiple PuTTY session and/or login to transfer files with WinSCP. Now with the new version I always get the main window opened, too. Is there a way to disable the loading of the main window until I actually start a session?

The other thing is, I was able to open a PuTTY session with Shift+Ctrl+P without closing the login manager window. The behavior of the new version is to show the loading cursor for a second then nothing happens. Funny enough the start command ends up in the clipboard (e.g. D:\xyz\abc\putty.exe -load "WinSCP temporary session") Ctrl+P still works.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: Happily surprised to find a BCH address on the donation page :)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Startup and Login manager

To open Login dialog of WinSCP without opening the main window, create a desktop shortcut with /newinstance command-line switch:

The keyboard shortcut is indeed broken:
Issue 2320 – Shift+Ctrl+P keyboard shortcut on Login dialog to open site in PuTTY without closing the dialog does not work

I'm sending you an email with a development version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum