Problem with "Resolve symbolic links" on EmbeddedLinux with SCP

Advertisement

g55

Problem with "Resolve symbolic links" on EmbeddedLinux with SCP

Hi,
1st, thanks for this excellent software, which I use pretty often to manage my E2 setup boxes.
2nd : some data ...
- using latest WinSCP in portable mode on Win7 / Linux + Wine
- E2 Boxes have dropbear as ssh/scp server installed, version 2014-66 or 2017-75. there is no SFTP

now my problem. For years I used WinSCP with "Resolve symbolic links" enabled on a MIPS based E2 box. Recently I got an ARM-based E2 box, an there the "Resolve symbolic links" takes ages, means approx. factor 10 the time.
I created a debug log on both boxes with Debug2 enabled... the Uno4K ist the problematic one.
As far as I can see, there is pretty often a delay of about 0.2 sec between "Looking for network events" and "Detected network event", which I cannot find in the log of Solo² box.

My current workaround is just to deactivate the "Resolve symbolic links" for the ARM box as I don't need it actually all the time... not nice, but much faster.

I'd appreciate, if someone could have a look at the logs, if I can test anything else or more infos are needed, just let me know.
Thanks in advance.
  • Test-Solo²-(SCP).log (70.58 KB, Private file)
  • Test-Uno4K-(SCP).log (77.63 KB, Private file)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Problem with "Resolve symbolic links" on EmbeddedLinux with SCP

It looks like the server pauses between sending ls command output and echo command output. I do not think there's anything on WinSCP side that can be changed to solve this.
Cannot you use SFTP instead of SCP?

g55

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, there is no SFTP server available for this embedded Linux, so no chance to use SFTP. And as I read here in FAQ as well, "Resolve symbolic links" are not supported in regular + unencrypted FTP mode.
As workaround I currently disabled the "Resolve symbolic links" in SCP mode, but now I cannot edit remote text files like xml files via double click anymore ... then I get an error that changing directory is not possible???

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum