WinSCP Scheduled Task Only Works when RDP is Connected

Advertisement

mrichman

WinSCP Scheduled Task Only Works when RDP is Connected

I have a console app (VB.NET) very similar to the example code presented on this site. When run interactively, it can upload/download via SFTP without issues. When run via a Scheduled Task, it runs silently without issues. However, when my RDP session to the server disconnects, the Scheduled Task runs, but WinSCP fails with error messages like this:

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed. Log file C:\Documents and Settings\MyServiceAccountName\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml does not exist.    

Other times, the WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com processes stay running and idle until I kill them.

Is there something special about running WinSCP from a console app running as a scheduled task that would cause this type of behavior?

Thanks,
Mark

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: WinSCP Scheduled Task Only Works when RDP is Connected

I have sent you an email.

seyed

martin wrote:

I have sent you an email.

I have the below issue while running through .net on 2003 server. please advise.

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed.Could not find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

seyed wrote:

I have the below issue while running through .net on 2003 server. please advise.

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed.Could not find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml
How do you run WinSCP? Can you provide more details?

Seyed

we are using vb.net program to do the transmission.

I can able to connect the SFTP server and transmit the file. but finally i'm receiving this error.

please help me!!!

martin wrote:

seyed wrote:

How do you run WinSCP? Can you provide more details?

tsantony
Donor

Hi,

did you resolved this case? if yes can you please share the solution?

we are also facing the same issue and we are using windows 2003 and vb.net

mrichman wrote:

I have a console app (VB.NET) very similar to the example code presented on this site. When run interactively, it can upload/download via SFTP without issues. When run via a Scheduled Task, it runs silently without issues. However, when my RDP session to the server disconnects, the Scheduled Task runs, but WinSCP fails with error messages like this:

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed. Log file C:\Documents and Settings\MyServiceAccountName\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml does not exist.    

Other times, the WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com processes stay running and idle until I kill them.

Is there something special about running WinSCP from a console app running as a scheduled task that would cause this type of behavior?

Thanks,
Mark

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I would like to help both of you, but you need to provide some details. Please share your code/commandline you use to run WinSCP. Share any logs (set Session.DebugLogPath).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum