Topic "Can WinSCP transfer files to & from VMware 4.1?"

Author Message
JDMils
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2011-09-15
Posts: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
I use putty to log into my VMware 4.1 hosts but was wondering that since WinSCP uses the same port as putty, will WinSCP connect?

I tried it using V5.0.2 Build 1456 and I get the error:

Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

I assume I have to initialise SFTP on the VMWare host- how do I do that?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
JDMils wrote:
I use putty to log into my VMware 4.1 hosts but was wondering that since WinSCP uses the same port as putty, will WinSCP connect?

More clients can connect to the same port.

Quote:
Cannot initialize SFTP protocol. Is the host running a SFTP server?

I assume I have to initialise SFTP on the VMWare host- how do I do that?

What SSH software are you running on the host? Can you post a session log file?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
JDMils
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2011-09-15
Posts: 2
Location: Melbourne, Australia
The host is a VMware ESXi 4.1 host and I'm not sure where the session log files are stored as I'm not a Linux guru.

I do not think VMware has session log files!?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25034
Location: Prague, Czechia
JDMils wrote:
The host is a VMware ESXi 4.1 host and I'm not sure where the session log files are stored as I'm not a Linux guru.

I do not think VMware has session log files!?

I've meant WinSCP session log.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License