Topic "WinSCP disappears upon successful connect"

double-click
[View user's profile]

Windows 7 latest updates (Oct 13, 2011 see the log).
Crash occurs with fresh install of WinSCP 5.02 beta and 4.3.5, as well as with portable versions.

Upon connecting to a server successfully, the connection authentication dialog goes away, followed be the connection log behind it (normal stuff), and then the usual commander style interface does not open. There is no GUI associated with the still running WinSCP process. I cannot find it using alt-tab. There is nothing there. Here's my log.

http://pastebin.com/Q1KpJ9GN

I saw a similar issue that didn't really have a solution posted so I thought that this should probably come up again.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have sent you an email with link to a debug version.

Is there any resolution to this bug. I am seeing this same behavior with 4.3.7. Thanks.
orion205

And about 10 seconds after I posted, the WinSCP window shows up! How did it know?!?! Cool

There was a delay of a good 10 minutes between my login and the WinSCP commander-style window showing up.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
orion205 wrote:
Is there any resolution to this bug. I am seeing this same behavior with 4.3.7. Thanks.

Are you able to reproduce this using 5.0.6 beta?

prikryl wrote:
Are you able to reproduce this using 5.0.6 beta?

I just loaded 4.3.9, and I don't see this issue. Thanks!
Cr4xy

The title says it all.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Cr4xy wrote:
The title says it all.

How do you run WinSCP? Did you try to run WinSCP with the factory defaults? winscp.exe /ini=nul - Does it work then?
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License