Topic "incomplete files when transferred to destination folder"

woodrowbound

I've been using WINscp for years now, always moving large files to our Moodle site. In the last few weeks, when I've transferred folders across they appear in the destination incomplete, some files completely empty
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Some servers fail to report an error when destination disk is empty and create an empty file instead. Can this be your case?

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am using live-synchronisation and have empty files at the destination folder. Any idea of the cause?

Regards.
Trashcan

Hello,

I am using live-synchronisation. Could it be that WINSCP is already transferring the file while the file to be transferred is not yet complete, causing an empty file in the destination folder?

Is it possible with WINSCP to automatically synchronise files between locations at set time intervals?

Thanks and regards.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Trashcan wrote:
I am using live-synchronisation. Could it be that WINSCP is already transferring the file while the file to be transferred is not yet complete, causing an empty file in the destination folder?

Well, if some files are incomplete (but not empty), it can be the case. But if they are either empty or complete, it doesn't sound likely.

Quote:
Is it possible with WINSCP to automatically synchronise files between locations at set time intervals?

Please read documentation:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/guide_schedule

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License