Topic "dos batch script prompts me for password"

nickg

I have a little dos batch script to put a file onto the server of one of our vendors. It prompts me for the password though and I do not want prompted. Is there a way for me to automatically get the password read in my dos batch script?
Advertisements
nickg

After searching and searching, I finally found it. I needed PasswordPlain in my .ini file instead of just password.
joelignall
[View user's profile]

nickg wrote:
After searching and searching, I finally found it. I needed PasswordPlain in my .ini file instead of just password.

Hi Nick, I believe I am trying to do what you are doing, run script/batch files without being prompted for a password. Would you please send an example. I listed "PasswordPlain" in my script file but still get prompted for a password. The messages do not indicate the remote server refused the key... I am using a script file (with the commands), is this what you refer to as an .ini file? Thx!
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Just put your password into session URL in the open command:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/session_url

Thanks, that worked!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License