Topic "Use cygwin and openssh instead of putty."

Author Message
kirs

Guest


WinSCP has nice putty integration - you can open Putty window and it will pass username/key/password etc.
Is it possible to use cygwin and openssh same way?
How to integrate WinSCP with openssh? What kind of command place in preferences->Putty path?

Thanks!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
kirs wrote:
How to integrate WinSCP with openssh? What kind of command place in preferences->Putty path?

It's not possible.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
kirs wrote:
How to integrate WinSCP with openssh? What kind of command place in preferences->Putty path?

It's not possible.


I was able to create custom command to run ssh. But it has limitations - I can't make it auth with rsa key - because it doesn't load current user in cygwin and it has no permissions to key file. But it works with regular user:password auth:

c:\cygwin\bin\mintty /bin/ssh !U:!P@!@

This one fails with permissions denied:
c:\cygwin\bin\mintty /bin/ssh !U:!P@!@ -I /home/user/.ssh/id_dsa
Guest




I have command which works if run from windows run menu:
c:\cygwin\bin\mintty /bin/bash -c 'ssh user@host'

But this one doesn't work if run as custom command in WinSCP
Can you help to make it working?
Guest




Also - it would be cool to have "port" pattern in custom commands.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Anonymous wrote:
I have command which works if run from windows run menu:
c:\cygwin\bin\mintty /bin/bash -c 'ssh user@host'

But this one doesn't work if run as custom command in WinSCP
Can you help to make it working?

So what happens if you execute the custom command?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Artistan

Guest


I wrote up an article here on how to use custom commands to launch cygwin terminals, mintty.

http://blog.geekslikeshinythings.com/2013/08/winscp-and-cygwin.html
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Artistan wrote:
I wrote up an article here on how to use custom commands to launch cygwin terminals, mintty.

http://blog.geekslikeshinythings.com/2013/08/winscp-and-cygwin.html

Thanks for sharing this.

Actually since WinSCP 5.2.2 beta you can sneak in Cygwin instead of PuTTY for the Open in PuTTY command as you can now use the !U@!@ even in the path to PuTTY.
I have documented this now:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/integration_app#cygwin
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License