Topic "Automaic refresh after changes in remote dir?"

gojira

When there is a change (files created or moved or deleted) in the remote directory which is displayed in WinSCP, then this is not displayed in WinSCP. Only after pressing F5 I can see the changes. I press F5 something like a hundred times per day. Is it possible to somehow automate this, couldn't WinSCP update each time something happens in the remote directory? Or, maybe it could refresh every second?

P.S.: I work with WinSCP every day, it's just fantastic.
Advertisements
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
gojira wrote:
couldn't WinSCP update each time something happens in the remote directory?

That is not possible.
Quote:
Or, maybe it could refresh every second?

That's possible.
The request is tracked here:
https://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=53

[quote="prikryl"]
gojira wrote:
couldn't WinSCP update each time something happens in the remote directory?

That is not possible.

There should be a refresh of the remote directory if a new file has been created, but there isn't.

I have the same question, all other FTP softwares show the folders or files created in the folder, but WinSCP does not show the folder after it is created. There should be auto refresh on upload and delete folder or files.
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
I have the same question, all other FTP softwares show the folders or files created in the folder, but WinSCP does not show the folder after it is created. There should be auto refresh on upload and delete folder or files.

You must have turned it off:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_panels_remote
saud
[View user's profile]

martin wrote:
Quote:

You must have turned it off:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_pref_panels_remote

It is actually on, I even disabled "Cache visited remote directories" and "Cache directory changes", a bug probably?
saud
[View user's profile]

Looks like I found the problem, if I have "Transfer on background by default" checked then the changes are not displayed, once I disabled it, I can see new uploaded files correctly.

I believe even if I choose to do transfer on background I still should see the new files without manually reloading the folder. Seems like a bug to me!?
martin◆
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License