Topic "How to switch "MOVE" mode and "COPY" mode?"

Author Message
hosakafrom JPN

Guest


Hi All!

I recently upgraded to WinSCP 3.5.6 from 3.5.0.
And I found all of my Drag'n'Drop actions from WinSCP are switched to "MOVE" mode.
Older version have "Allow move from remote directory" at "Preferences-Environment-Panels-Drag & Drop" but newest version have not.

Which configuration item would switch this back to normal "COPY" mode?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Have you installed drag&drop shell extension? (note that you may have installed it, but it may be turned off in preferences)

1) If you did:
Copy should be a default operation.

2) If you did not:
Default operation is selected by target application. So if you drag to local panel of WinSCP, WinSCP should select copy. If you drag outside of WinSCP to Windows Explorer (desktop, folder, ...), Explorer selects default operation. It usually selects "move".
To force copy, hold down "Ctrl" key, just as with any other application. You should saw a hint in warning message on first move attempt, did you?

If anything above it not true for you, please let me know, it may be a bug.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
carl

Guest


I installed the drag&drop shell extention, but in preferences the 'Use shell extention' option is grayed out.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
carl wrote:
I installed the drag&drop shell extention, but in preferences the 'Use shell extention' option is grayed out.

You may need to restart your computer. Does it help?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:

You may need to restart your computer. Does it help?


nope
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
prikryl wrote:

You may need to restart your computer. Does it help?

nope

If you can work with Windows registry, please verify that following keys are present:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}]
@="WinSCP Shell Extension"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}\InProcServer32]
@="<path>\\DragExt.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\directory\shellex\CopyHookHandlers\WinSCPCopyHook]
@="{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}"

And that path (<path>) in InProcServer32 is valid and the DLL is present there.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
carl

Guest


prikryl wrote:
If you can work with Windows registry, please verify that following keys are present:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}]
@="WinSCP Shell Extension"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}\InProcServer32]
@="<path>\\DragExt.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="Apartment"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\directory\shellex\CopyHookHandlers\WinSCPCopyHook]
@="{E15E1D68-0D1C-49F7-BEB8-812B1E00FA60}"

And that path (<path>) in InProcServer32 is valid and the DLL is present there.


everything is in there, except "WinSCP Shell Extension" is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID (in that main 'folder', not any of the sub ones)
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
carl wrote:
everything is in there, except "WinSCP Shell Extension" is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID (in that main 'folder', not any of the sub ones)

I'm not sure what you mean, can you post a registry dump (similar to one I did)?

Also please check that the extension is enabled (in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and/or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\DragExt]
"Enable"=dword:00000001

Also you may turn on logging for the extension and post a log file:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Martin Prikryl\WinSCP 2\DragExt]
"LogFile"="c:\\dragext.log"

Thanks for your patience. I'm really interested to solve this.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
carl

Guest


prikryl wrote:
carl wrote:
everything is in there, except "WinSCP Shell Extension" is in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID (in that main 'folder', not any of the sub ones)

I'm not sure what you mean, can you post a registry dump (similar to one I did)?


[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID]
@="WinSCP Shell Extension"

Enable is set to 1 (0x00000001) and I added LogFile to it, but no log file was created, even after I rebooted.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 25015
Location: Prague, Czechia
Thanks for your info. What is your version of Windows? Please try to create the registry key as seen in my post. I believe it should help. Please, let me know.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
Thanks for your info. What is your version of Windows? Please try to create the registry key as seen in my post. I believe it should help. Please, let me know.


I'm using win98 SE, and adding that key did help, thanks!
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License