Topic "Strange keyboard shortcut for Copy path to clipboard?"

bash_coder

When I've logged on to a server using SFTP and right-click on the white empty area in the left side window displaying the local directory, I get a menu showing the following action options:

Go To ->
Refresh Ctrl-R
Add to Bookmarks Ctrl-B
Copy Path to Clipboard Ctrl-AKUUTTIAKSENTTI
Create Directory F7

What's with the keyboard shortcut for "Copy Path to Clipboard", Ctrl-AKUUTTIAKSENTTI? Where is it coming from?

If I do the same in the right side (remote directory) window, it shows the keyboard shortcut for "Copy Path to Clipboard" as Ctrl- (Swedish a with a dot on top in case the character is not displayed correctly at your end). Even this seems like a bit odd KB shortcut, since only Scandinavian countries have this letter in their keyboards. But why is it different from the "Ctrl-AKUUTTIAKSENTTI" for the local dir?

It seems to me that "Ctrl-AKUUTTIAKSENTTI" is a translation to Finnish from something, if I just bluntly translate it back to English it would be sth. like "acute accent".

Not a big deal but I thought I'd report it anyway. Using the latest and greatest WinSCP version 4.3.7 build 1679 in Windows 7 Professional SP-1 64-bit. Not using any language translations, Windows and WinSCP are both full English only.
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
The actual shortcuts are Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+].
Are you using Finish Windows?
Can you please try 5.0.6 beta?

I'm using English Windows, no translations - this is why I am confused on where the text is coming from.

Did a full upgrade to 5.0.6 beta, but it's still the same. I'm attaching screenshots from both menus so you get a good look at what I'm talking about.
winscp_remotedrive.jpg (34.54 KB)

Description: (none)

winscp_remotedrive.jpg

winscp_localdrive.jpg (35.23 KB)

Description: (none)

winscp_localdrive.jpg

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
bash_coder wrote:
I'm using English Windows, no translations - this is why I am confused on where the text is coming from.

Thanks. Do you have at least locale or default code page set to Finnish in your English Windows?

Yes, the Format, Location and Keyboard settings are all configured to Finnish.

BR;
Kimmo
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I've set to Finnish everything I could think of. But no change. The shortcuts are still as expected, Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+]. Can you try to set you locale and other settings to English?

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License